1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Christmast box reveal date?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Ivor, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Ivor
    Skink

Ivor Member

Hi Guys and Girls!

I have just finished assembling my first SC! box of seraphon and hunger for assembling more.
    However, when surfing the internet you find rumors of everything. Some people say that the Seraphon are due for a new battletome but after getting my hopes up during this summer, I think I'll just dismiss the chance of that happening.
    Other say that the Seraphon might get a nice christmas box.
    My question is:
    * Do you think that the Seraphon will get a christmas box?
    * And if so, when will they announce if this is the case? I'm fine with waiting 1 month but if it's two then I might just buy and assemble the second SC! box.

Crowsfoot, Dr.Doom and LizardWizard like this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Ours is not to reason why. Who knows if/when Seraphon will get an updated Battletome. I am also less than convinced that Seraphon will get a battleforce holiday box two years in a row.

I say build that second SCbox!

3. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

i think that the big boxes this year are going to be maw tribes bone reapers cities and waaaagh. so probably not.

4. Dr.Doom
    Skink

Dr.Doom Active Member

I'm fairly new to age of sigmar.

The Christmas boxes, are they just released for specially selected fractions?
    Like for example orcs and free cites of sigmar this year because of the newly released battletomes.
    Or do a major portion of the fractions get one?

5. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

GW generally releases holiday battleforces in mid November. Last year AoS got 4 different ones. Seraphon, Slaves to Darkness, Idoneth Deepkin, and Daughters of Khaine.

6. Dr.Doom
    Skink

Dr.Doom Active Member

Okey so it seems unlikely we will get on this year as well if only four got it last year.

What could make sense is if the reused the same as last year and added new once?

Have they done that before?

7. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

They have always been a unique bundle each year. So, I would say it is very unlikely that Seraphin will get another one anytime soon.

GW does tend to release new Starter boxes around the holidays though that are general a double army box with two forces designed to oppose each other. Wouldn't be surprised if this years is Maw Tribes and Ossariach Bonereapers.

8. Dr.Doom
    Skink

Dr.Doom Active Member

Okay, I understand.

That makes sense, there were some rumors or speculation about a seraphon vs ork box based on the art work for the new ork battletome in the rumor thread.

That would have been amazing but unlikely

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  9. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

mostly just wistful thinking and desperation. it would be cool but we have featured in a lot of armies art getting our butts kicked and we didn't get a box then. we just have to be patient

Crowsfoot, Dr.Doom and LizardWizard like this.
  10. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

this picture? yeah still confused as to why we are letting them beat us lol

Attached Files:

11. Dr.Doom
    Skink

Dr.Doom Active Member

Yeah, it makes no sense.

One thing that's interesting is that our warriors are as big as the orks, would be so awesome if they remade them to the size of old bloods.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  12. Alhaus
    Skink

Alhaus Member

They're not beating us. The Saurus on the floor is going to roll to his feet while his mate smacks the orc. The Saurus with his arm getting held is going to just bit that orc in the face and the carno is going to just swivel his head and swallow the orc boss whole while the scar vet stabs the maw-krusha in the back of the neck.
    It's all cunning reptilian tactics.

13. samheim
    Ripperdactil

samheim Well-Known Member

I can't wait for the Christmas box set reveals. But I am also braced for disappointment.

I really wanted to get Loon Curse, Carrion Empire and Shadow Spear. But GW only keeps the boxes around for 5 minutes.

Same as when they released the 40k Apocalypse sets. It was obvious the Knights set would be sold out before it even hit the shelves.

My guess is that Seraphon won't get a box this year. It will probably be the new Tomb Kings (not interested), Gloom spite (interested but will sell out, before I can put my hand in my back pocket to pull out my wallet), Sylvaneth semi interested.

I don't know. I think I am just going to wait and see. If a box set comes along that blows my mind, I am going to just buy that one. What ever it is.

Dr.Doom and LizardWizard like this.
  14. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

if there is an Ossiarchs Christmas set within the same time period as the initial release id actually be incredibly surprised.

Dr.Doom, LizardWizard and samheim like this.
  15. samheim
    Ripperdactil

Oh yea good point. I didn't think of that.

Well I hope its an Empire box like people are saying it could be.

My worst case is a Dwarf and Dark Elf battleforce.

Dr.Doom likes this.
  16. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

from a business standpoint, none of them will be new factions.... they generate interest just by being new, and that generates sales. they will use the battleforces to renew interest/increase sales in factions that are either slugging, or have upcoming (more than 6 months out) updates to keep people interested.

LizardWizard, samheim and Dr.Doom like this.
  17. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I don't get why they insist on only keeping their boxes around for 5 minutes. you'd think they'd make massive profits if these boxes actually stayed available for a little while. It'd make collecting so much easier. Plus, you can dump in some unpopular units so people end up buying them anyway cuz they now come with some cool stuff.

mwha, I wouldn't be surprised if cities of sigmar get a box. They're rather difficult to collect right now with how many different models there are, and only 2 start collecting boxes. A big box with a nice combo would probably sell well.

Dr.Doom likes this.
  18. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

that makes sense. but under normal situations with a new faction id be surprised. they def need to get all that under one roof lol

Dr.Doom likes this.
  19. samheim
    Ripperdactil

I think it's more to do with new sculpts. Cities of Sigmar has no new models, unfortunately. But then again, no one really knows, because some new factions get Start Collecting boxes and some don't.

I was looking today and it seems that the Slaves To Darkness box is selling out fast now as well.

That is an awesome box, imo. Those models look great. Even if they are bad faction at the moment. I am sure that is about to change.

Dr.Doom likes this.
  20. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

They don't make massive profits though. People buy all those individual kits throughout the year. So why sell something for $200.00 that you have been selling for $325.00. Bundles are primarily for bringing new people into the hobby by temporarily lowering the buy in. Long term GW won't make money off the bundle. They make money off the new player after they start expanding their collection.

Dr.Doom likes this.