1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chupayotl, Tzunki's army

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by the-graven, Jun 22, 2010.

1. the-graven
    Kroxigor

the-graven New Member

I want to make an army, it's devoted to tzunki, in exchange for their sacrifices he let them live underwater, here is the fluff(just making it up right here right now):

In the year -3894 the temple-city of Chupayotl slipped into the sea, many died, but some survived, they are devoted to Tzunki, and thanks to him they survived. Now when intruders penetrate the junge near the sunken city, they emerge from the water to kill the intruders, only leaving the dead bodies and a trail of water.

Well what I'm gonna do, is paint them like they are aquatic(with blue and green), I'm not gonna give them gills, nor gonna give them webbed claws, just the painting scheme now it will be like this:

SKinks: Just the skin Ice Blue and the scales and eyes Dark Angels
    Saurus (and Kroxigors): Skin: Enchanted Blue, scales and eyes dark angels
    Terradons: There are pictures of Terries in the codex, they are green, but I'm gonna do them like that but instead of green I'll use blue(surprise.
    Salamanders: Just blue, perhaps like the blue sallie, asrodrig made(at least i thought it was asrodrig)
    Slann: Here I need help, I've made some pictures in my mind of a blue slann, and well it looks terribly ugly, anybody some advice perhaps a picture of a blue slann with color scheme, really appreciated.

2. Chahlie
    Cold One

Chahlie New Member

Well, here's an idea for a blue Slann:

imagesFROG%20005%20Blue%20dart%20frog.jpg

I think it looks pretty cool.

3. the-graven
    Kroxigor

the-graven New Member

Enchanted Blue sin with Ice Blue highlights, black eyes and black dots, could work.

EDIT: can you plz tell me what kind of frog this isso I can search for pictures myself and find what the belly looks like, can't see the belly on the picture.

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Looks like a blue dart frog to me...

5. the-graven
    Kroxigor

the-graven New Member

You're right, thx I found some pics, I'm gonna do the skin Enchanted(the whole skin also belly and back), then highlight the back with Ice Blue, then do the dots and eyes in CHaos Black, should look great, when I finally have vacation I'm gonna start

6. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

You can kinda see his belly here....

7. jimpan
    Skink

jimpan New Member

I might have to borrow the idea of painting my slann like a poison dart frog, if you don't mind :) Can't wait to see some pics.

8. the-graven
    Kroxigor

the-graven New Member

Yeah the pics may take a lot fo time ( around 4 weeks), I'm busy , when I've finally got vacation I'm gonna start. I've got a little bit of a problem with building my army since in normal school weeks I don'thave muych time and when it's vacation I'm abroad half of the time and the other half of the time I'm only allowed to paint half of the time(my parents say I gotta do other stufff too), so I only have 25% of my vacation not including that I'm gone at birthdays and stuff.

9. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Wow.. I've heard of having restricted computer time, and restricted tv time, but never restricted painting time. I wonder what the logic is there. Painting is always something I used to do when I had pushed the envelope far enough with the computer for the day, and there was nothing on tv. :D

10. the-graven
    Kroxigor

the-graven New Member

The restriction is only in vacations(but in normal school weeks I don't have time for painting anyways), my parents want me to do other things then painting the whole vacation, they think I also have to do stuff with my friends(If I can decide it'll be battles with my barely painted army)

11. the-graven
    Kroxigor

the-graven New Member

Here are some piccies of a saurus and a few skinks, the quality of the pics is low(and the painting also), don't watch the details, the models aren't detailed(especially the skinks), I just suck at painting.
    DSC01259.jpg
    DSC01258.jpg
    DSC01257.jpg
    DSC01260.jpg
    EDIT: looking at the pics, the models look better in real, especially the grey spikes on the saurus shield and back look ugly, while in real it looks pretty good

12. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I din't know I think the skinks came out prety good,
    I think you did the eyes quite well.

I think the saurus could use a dry brush of a lighter shade of blue,
    this is prety easy and would bring out a lot of the details. ;)

13. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

I would suggest much thinner coats, try thinning the paint down with a drop of water. Looks a tad thick to me

14. jimpan
    Skink

jimpan New Member

I think the saurus looks great :) You could try dipping them or maby apply a wash for more details

15. the-graven
    Kroxigor

the-graven New Member

Could be cuz I used a color primer.
    By the way in real it looks not so thick, the pics just suck(and the painting is worse then all the other painting logs on this site, but well, I'm reallly inexperienced)

16. the-graven
    Kroxigor

the-graven New Member

Ok here are some WIP pics of my slann, it's painted like a blue dart frog(see page1):
    DSC01266.jpg
    DSC01263.jpg
    DSC01267.jpg
    Ok well i did the skin enchanted blue, the back and the back part of the shoulders Ice Blue, and black blurs on the bakc. The pics are dark and low quality, in reall the slann is lighter and looks way better.
    I haven't done the palanquin, nor the attendant yet, but as said it's WIP.

17. jimpan
    Skink

jimpan New Member

Looks good so far

Just keep practising , for every model you paint the better you will get ;)

18. the-graven
    Kroxigor

the-graven New Member

I guess, though I haven't become any better since my first model ever(scar-vet on cold one, wich actually was pretty good for a first time painting).

19. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

20. the-graven
    Kroxigor

the-graven New Member

thx n810, I looked at it, and it was usefull, but I'm not gonna wash adn drybush every skink and saurus , that will take way too much time, I'm already a slow painter.
    Washing isn't really necessary, cuz I primed the slann black, and I prime the skinks and sarus blue(navy blue, a little bit darker then enchanted blue), so it's already shaded, but I'm gonna try to drybrush the slann.