1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Cold Blooded vs the Tomb Kings Casket's Light of Death

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Arli, May 18, 2011.

1. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

I've been rolling 4D6, dropping the highest. I'm fine with it, opponent is fine with it, everyone has fun.

At 'Ardboyz or something, I'd possibly make an issue for RAW- but then again, that's why I rarely enjoy 'Ardboyz. Everyone there, myself in particular, seems to forget the "Most Important Rule" is just as much a set in stone rule as anything else in the book.

2. TheRolfgar
    Chameleon Skink

TheRolfgar New Member

I have to disagree with your perspective that the Light of death is "more specific". They are both special rules. It does not matter if the LM special rule applies to the entire army, it is still a special rule, just as the caskets spell is a special rule.

I feel they are in conflict with one another and really require a FAQ. Until that happens roll off for it each turn if you can't come to an agreement.

3. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

Ok - Found something about this in another thread. This is a quote from the author ROKANOS here on the forums who is a full TK player:

...."Worried about the casket? I'd worry about the righteous smiting and other such spells more. The casket is designed to pull your dispell dice...if it goes off for us, sweet, it's a bonus, but it is literally there to draw out your dispell dice. (Btw, it was ruled by a GW employee on the TK forums that until the FAQ comes out and says otherwise, light of death for LM is rolled on 4d6 and the highest is dropped)"

The entire thread can be viewed here:
    http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/lizardmen-vs-new-tomb-kings.6793/

So, according to that, guess Im going to change my stance on this. Any more opinions on this anyone?

4. TheRolfgar
    Chameleon Skink

TheRolfgar New Member

"ruled by a guy on a forum" is not the same as a faq, regardless of whether they say they are from GW or not. I could tell you I was the Pope of warhammer and that its ruled the casket gets confused by the lizardmen cold blooded rule and simply explodes on the table, sending shrapnel and bones all over the place!
    :beaver:

Neither ability tells you to make a LD test with +1 dice, they say make a test on 3d6, there is a big difference there. I don't understand how you can get the 4d6 idea. Wait for a FAQ, roll for it, or ask the tournament judges. You shouldn't take any ruling on a forum as fact (not even mine!).

5. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

I see your point. Yes, i'd rather get an "official" FAQ from GW. And I usually take internet rules at face value depending on source, yet always yield to official sites eratta or faq's. Also not sure if this was from a tourney and the said employee had to make an on-the-spot ruling either.
    Just it piqued my interest enough to share and post. As far as me changing my stance - yes - in that I'll bring up both ways to my oponent if situation comes up so we can either agree on it or roll for it until said FAQ is printed.

6. Daeghrefn
    Saurus

Daeghrefn New Member

For what it's worth, my 2 cents: It seems to me from the exact wording of these two rules that, being more specific, ours would essentially negate the tomb kings device. I'm sure that was not the intent, however.

The local TK and I have settled on the compromise of me only rolling 2 dice for that particular check. Seems pretty fair.

7. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

New FAQ for both us and TK out and this got answered!!!