1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cold Ones

Discussion in 'Trading Forum' started by stu, Feb 12, 2009.

1. stu
    Skink

stu New Member

Hi all. I don't think i can let my saurus ride those horrible new cold one models that look like cows! Does anyone have any of the models that were out before the new ones? The godzilla look a likes! Or know where i can get some. I'd prefer them unpainted. Thanks

2. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Try FRP Games, NobleKnight.com there are some others not sure which though. But start there, I agree i hate the Fidosaurus Cold Ones.

3. stu
    Skink

stu New Member

i tried painting one to see if it looked better but i still hate them! Not sure what GW were thinking with that one. Ok i'll try those sites. Thanks for that, most appreciated!

4. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

No problem, I bought the Predators for the cold ones from mine, predators are from Gamezone Miniatures but I bought them from FRP games. A note on FRP games before you buy something make sure you email him to be sure he has them in stock, for a few times he didn't have it in stock and I had to wait nearly a month and a half.

5. stu
    Skink

stu New Member

thanks again thats really helpful. I have to get them sent to sunny england so i expect a wait. I had a look on frp. I could only find dark elf predators. But they look amazing, so i'd be happy to use them for my lizardmen. Can you get them seperately at all? Or do you need to buy the dark elf ones?

6. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Unfortunately you get the dark elves too, they won't sell the, separate. I will show my conversions when i finish them. I have 1 out of 5 done thus far. PS they are amazing

7. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

What's with the hate on the Cold Ones? I personally love the newer models compared to the older ones. The level of detail is much finer, and they look more believable.

8. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

imo they looks too happy and I don't understand their hands at all

9. Scarloc
    Chameleon Skink

Scarloc New Member

I cut the side claws off and angled them forward, they look much better now.

10. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Happy? I don't think they look happy at all. I think they look grim and tough. If you ask me, the 'Godzilla' model looks happier than the current model. Check this guy out: he looks like he just heard a funny joke.

As for the hands, I think they make more sense than a raptor claw on the foot. Lustrian Cold Ones live in the jungle, so they could use their big claws as machetes to clear the vegetation away so they can move through thick underbrush. Also, the mass of vegetation at ground level would probably only get caught up in a claw on the foot, so again the hand claw makes more sense. The raptor claw works for the Dark Elves' Cold Ones because they are from the mountains, so they would hunt by jumping from a higher peak onto their prey below, much like a mountain lion. The Lustrian Cold Ones probably rely on camouflage and hiding in the foliage until the time to strike, more like a crocodile or a snake.

11. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Ya that one looks happy too LOL, however I use predators not either of the gw models

However saying that, if you like either of the gw models use them, ultimately it is a matter of preference you are the one for the most part that will be looking at them. So IMO its most important to have an army you love, and love to watch march down the field.

12. stu
    Skink

stu New Member

To be honest i'm not a fan of either model. I just think the older cold ones were the best of a bad bunch. But i'll also look elsewhere than gw to get a suitable looking cold one. Sorry that this spawned an argument i just want my army to look good. I prefer modelling and painting to playing the game (although i do like playing) so it's important to me that my army looks good and i enjoy painting the models i have

13. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

No worries, no arguments here, just discussion :)

14. blackhawk
    Chameleon Skink

blackhawk Member

you can also take a look at the new dark elve cold ones. the have the 5th edetion cld one look but improved. and they were like the best cold ones from all the cold ones that have been around.