1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Colours used for Koatl's Claw

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Shaabhekh, Jul 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Shaabhekh
    Jungle Swarm

Shaabhekh New Member

Afternoon all,

Am new to AoS (but not GW) and i'm throwing my lot in with the Lizardmen (from spehss no less!)

Looking at a Koatl's Claw list and want to paint them up as KC to boot.

Battletome (regrettably) only shows one example of such a scheme and it looks easy enough - but i am having trouble identifying the colours used?

Black base with blue scales (but which blues?) and something akin to Fenrisian Grey for the finer highlights.

Browsing the web has yielded no results and thus i thought i'd turn to the community for help. I did also email GW but that may well take some time and/or be incorrect info.

Anyone able to help a fellow cold-blood out?
    Bonus points if you can suggest a suitable colour for the Cold One mounts for the KC too.

Cheers in advance!
    Shaabs

(i notice the picture ive included has muted the vibrancy of the blues... so one may want to consult with their own copy of the battletome in order to see the proper scheme)

Attached Files:

• KC.png
      KC.png
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
  2. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Hi there, welcome along in the Jungle!

That is a nice scheme to go with.
    From what I can see it looks like a base pf Incubi Darkness with highlights of Fenrisian Grey.
    For the scales probebly Kantor Blue(Most likely) or Caledor Blue with a Drakenhof Nightshade and highlights of Alaitoc Blue and Hoeth Blue.

Try a few before settling on batch painting whole units ;)

Good luck

Grrr, Imrahil

Warden and Shaabhekh like this.
  3. Shaabhekh
    Jungle Swarm

Shaabhekh New Member

So i decided to change my colour scheme to the Sotek constellation after browsing the older battletome and coming to like the additional red on the traditional blue scheme.

As it happens you also do that, so i'll be taking some inspiration from your blog :)
    Though at this moment in time im thinking of doing the Rakarth/Xereus coloured bigger dinos as per the previous battletome too, though we'll see when i move onto my Carno in a few aeons, lol :p

In the mean time i'll have to work around my 1st batch of Warriors being primed black and use a blue primer on the next set of Saurian models.

Just A Skink, Imrahil and Warden like this.