1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Command, Constellation & Carno questions

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Just A Skink, May 24, 2020.

1. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

yes all melee attacks are buffed even the jaws and claws

Imrahil likes this.
  2. Asvic
    Skink

Asvic New Member

Yes, it includes all attacks unless specified otherwise, like in artifacts' rules.

Imrahil likes this.
  3. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

To possibly add to the craziness. I just read on a 40K forum that if an attack turns into multiple hits on a certain dice roll, those additional attacks are considered to have the same dice roll number.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WarhammerC...loding_6s_that_autowound_now_a_thing_in_both/

"From the FAQ:
    Q. If an ability or rule generates an additional hit, (e.g. the Imperial Siege Masters Chapter Tactic), do these additional hits gain any other benefits that would apply to an attack on a hit roll of 6 (e.g. an Infiltrator’s marksman bolt carbine)?

A: Yes, the additional hits are treated as having rolled the same value as the dice roll that generated them."

IF this applies to AoS, then the Eviscerating Blade would score LOTS of mortal wounds if you roll multiple "6s" in a To Hit roll (because the extra attacks generated from the "Celestite Weapons" ability of Saurus heroes would be considered to have rolled a "6" as well). An Oldblood, benefiting from a Scar-Vet's command ability and his own Celestite Weapon ability, who rolls even one "6" on an attack with an Eviscerating Blade would generate 3 total hits and 6 mortal wounds!

I'm sure that can't be the way it works... or is it?

Imrahil likes this.
  4. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

those are additional hits generated by abilities PRIOR to the attack sequence starting. the faq isn't saying what your thinking it says. its saying that if an ability grants extra attacks will those attacks generate abilites that would be on the units warscroll

Imrahil and Just A Skink like this.
  5. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Ok. Good. Thanks for clarifying.

Imrahil likes this.
  6. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

It affects all weapons under "melee weapons" section. Claws and Jaws are melee weapons too despite being a part of the rider.

Imrahil likes this.
  7. Grotpunter
    Troglodon

Grotpunter Well-Known Member

From the AoS FAQ to the Core Rules:
    upload_2020-6-5_17-58-54.png

Just A Skink, Nart and Imrahil like this.
  8. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

Facts preach it louder

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  9. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Imrahil and Grotpunter like this.
  10. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

I have a follow up question to this scenario:

Does this rule of 'each effect is triggered once' apply to negative effects as well?

For example, not long ago I was fighting my friend's Archaon with my Oldblood. If I roll a 6 to hit with my spear, that hit explodes into two wounds. However, Archaon's Armor of Fate means that attackers must reroll hit rolls of 6. Does this mean that when I roll a six to hit against Archaon in this scenario, I reroll the dice, but still get to make one wound roll for the extra attack I generated?

Up until now I've been assuming that I just reroll the dice and wound only get an extra attack if I managed to roll another 6, but now I'm not sure.

11. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

you only get another wound roll if you roll a second 6 the first one is negated other wise things like a terrorgysts bight could prock twice off that ability and it would be a detriment not a defense

Canas, Imrahil and PabloTho like this.
  12. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

I feel the rule for archaon makes it a bit hazy in terms of the rules and i feel it should be given an errata?(is that how you spell it?)