1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9th Age Competitive 2400P Wilderness fuckery

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by airjamy, Apr 23, 2016.

1. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

Hi all, with the new rules i though i would try the new Skinks out, because well, at least they have poison back i guess. I still think they are underpowered, but as you have no other choice in troops, i guess ill take them. Would like to see them becoming Light Troops to retain that mobility, but we will see that in the final version i guess.

I think Wilderness is the best lore right now, a lot of efficient removal spells, strong buffs (6th spell is actually really strong now) and of course Wyssans (or whatever they call it now). Somewhat of a small combo in this list, if i get the 6th spell in Wilderness, i can cast it on the Skink Chief on the Taurosaur for 6 I6 WS6 S6 attacks, while also getting regen 4+ with the Hydra Form. Should be fun if i get it off, it only needs an 11+ right now, and i always keep my Tauries close to my Slann anyway to give that LD10 Stubborn.

What do you think about my Slann build, i am still on the fence about it. Scroll is mandatory in my perspective as you can now dispell Irresistible Force with it, Wilderness seems the best lore, but on further upgrades i am still not sure, Shielded seems still very decent to keep your TG alive, but you do need some extra magical power, hard to think where you will get it from.

Lords
    Cuatl lord BSB. Scroll. Banner of Discipline. Wizard Master. Wilderness. Wellspring. Shielded Soul. General. 4++ 460

Heroes
    Skink Captain Taurosaur Great Bow. Poisoned Javelins Immune to Psyc. Stubborn. Impact Hits 240
    Saurian Veteran GW. Duskstone. Raptor. Dragonhelm Predatory. Stupidity 180

Core
    30 Saurian Warriors HWS Music. Banner 325
    10 Braves Poisoned Javelins Quick to fire 80

Special
    25 TG Halberd. Shield. Light Predatory. Bodyguard. Immune to Psych. Music. Banner 375
    5 Raptor Riders Lance. Shield Predatory. Stupidity. Music 150

Rare
    Salamander Spout Flames. 4+ Skirmisher 75
    Salamander Spout Flames. 4+ Skirmisher 75
    Taurosaur Great Bow. Poisoned Javelins Immune to Psyc. Stubborn. Impact Hits 200

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

The thread title has a bad word in it... I'm telling! ;):D;)

3. airjamy
    Bastiladon

Is the word fuckery not allowed on this forum? Dear moderators, i meant i completely in the academic sense of the word, meaning ''general powergaming and being a nuisance to your opponent'', any other association with the word is most certainly not intended :).

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

:joyful::joyful:

airjamy likes this.
  5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

It's a bit more offensive on this side of the pond. :oldman:

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

@airjamy : I doesn't actually offend me at all... I was just pulling your leg.

7. airjamy
    Bastiladon

I know man, no worries ;)

And i take it that you mean the American side of the pond? It really is not a problem here, at all. No words are really.

The fact that nobody has actually commented on my list meant that you think it is ok, i take it? XD

8. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Yea, really haven't gotten into 9th age, only mostly sure what those units are, have no idea how their rules are different,
    and no idea what the current ever-changing meta is. :meh:

9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I wish I could offer you some insight but I stopped following 9th Age after the 0.99 update. :( There are a few members on here that play it, so I'm surprised that no one has stepped up yet.

10. Lawot
    Kroxigor

Lawot Active Member

This is the kind of list I would play - some serious Saurian units with a bunch of Skinks to control movement. You're only testing the one kind of Skink unit, though...I'm surprised to see no Hunters, Chameleons or bigger Core groups. Most people would probably tell you that a more competitive choice would be to drop the Saurus, and use those points to turn one of the Braves units into a Braves + Caiman block, then drop the Raptors for Hunters/Chams. The Raptors can hunt war machines, and have some versatility in also lending combat support and covering your cowboy, but Hunters or Pteradons will be superior at the war machine hunting role, which you'll be in need of to protect those Taurosaurs.

...I guess I'm saying that I like the list, but it makes more sense to me as a list to test Saurus than a list to test Skinks.

11. sotek1tepok11
    Jungle Swarm

sotek1tepok11 New Member

Nice list I'm actually playing later tonight 2273 points. I know it's an odd number but I'm going to use this as template if alright lol

12. airjamy
    Bastiladon

Yeah sure man, loot freely, its partially where this forum is for. 2273 is a really weird number though, did the other guy just put everything on the table he owns and did you just filled it to match? I must say i have tried to use this tactic a few times now and i must sadly say that it does not work. To much setup needs to happen, and people just tend to scroll the combo or they massively dispell it. It is ok i guess, but certainly not good enough to build your list around.

13. sotek1tepok11
    Jungle Swarm

sotek1tepok11 New Member

Honestly my gaming club just plays super off size games lol we have a 2686 tournament at the end of next month! We'll after I cut the salamanders (most easy way to make the points I even got another rapter) well I lost to darkelves. What stinks is I had them beat bad until he made a snake eyes break check long story short it won him the game