1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Compilation of GHB2017 for Seraphon

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Kadanga, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Tizianolol
    Temple Guard

Tizianolol Active Member

The new seraphon teleport ability Is Able to cast at the start of hero phase or i can cast it when i want?:)

2. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

Xlanax_lot Well-Known Member

I think I misunderstood your question the first time. The main purpuse of teleporting the skink priest is to make him be in range of most units to give rerrols to save and charge since his ability is only an 8" bubble

3. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

Whenever you want in the hero phase, it doesnt have to be at the start

Tizianolol likes this.
  4. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

Well as a side effect, you can now use the Slann's Arcane Vassal ability to teleport the other Saurus units from the position of the Skink Hero. A Slann Starmaster can do that.

How else did you want to bring them close enough to the enemy army? Or behind their lines?

5. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

My personal build is a bit more building, but I'm thinking about trying the Fangs of Sotek:

Seraphon Oldblood on Carnosaur (Coronal Shield)

Slann Starmaster (General, Great Rememberer, Incandecent Rectrices)

2 x Skink Priests with Priestly Trappings

1x Skink Starpriest (Prism of Amyntok)

2 units of 40 Saurus Warriors

1 unit of 10 Saurus Warriors

1 Razordon model

Sunblood

Fangs of Sotek

Sunclaw Starhost

My idea is to buff one of my 40 warriors units with the Priest buffs, and the Starlight buff and Serpentine Staff (extra damage on wound 6+ with bite attacks) buff, as well as Mystic Shield. Then teleport it and the Sunblood in, and hope the rerolls on charges, and the +1 from the Hunter's Constellation will do the trick.

It is a bit more of a risky and aggressive build, but I like the idea of them swarming in and being a huge hammer, followed by the Starpriest and Oldblood being teleported in the next turn in order to charge in and reinforce them to deal the final blow. If he split up his army, I'd still have a 40 Saurus Warriors unit ready to teleport in.

6. Mark Sinosich
    Cold One

Mark Sinosich Active Member

Just to check...

And the Slann?

If you summon first then the Carnosaurs must be 15" from the Slann. Why not first move the Skink Priest with Lords of Space and Time, if it fails you wont be teleporting without the priest, success and it's game on. Then with the Skink Priest still within 15" of the Slann you can Arcane Vassal the Slann to free summon thanks to Dracothian all the units you said up to another 15" away from the Skink Priest (still 9" from enemy) and finally cast Curse of Fates and use Priestly Trappings+Celestial Rites.

This way if you roll a 1 to teleport you wont have 2 carnosaurs and 5 cavalry vulnerable to counter charge. If you roll and 1-2 on Celestial Rites you can still attempt to charge on 8" (or 9"). Go second to have a 50% chance to still charge if you get a double turn.

Scar-Vet on Carno will have +3 from Firelance but the Oldblood on Carno will be a 9" (8") to charge right? With re-rolls of course from priestly trappings.

7. Mark Sinosich
    Cold One

Also, maybe the new Warscroll Builder points are off but at present that list goes over 2k. Unless you drop the Skinks down to 10 each or only take 3 Rippers not 6.

8. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

Yes the slann as well.

The plan you propose is also very viable the main fact is to make sure you get the buff to the charge

Also I think the +3 to charge is obly for the knights

The lists is made with units of only 10 skinks

9. Mark Sinosich
    Cold One

Awesome. Yes only the knights can get the +3 charge.

10. Tizianolol
    Temple Guard

Tizianolol Active Member

Guys but dracothions tail battalion says that slan can summon every Number of summon of saurus from this battalion.
    If i use my slan to summon , can i summon for exemple scar vet in carno, ob in carno, scar vet cold one and 10 saurus knights?
    - if yes, how many spells ( not summoning spells)can i cast after?

Captaniser likes this.
  11. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Normally since this summons are NOT spells !

12. Tizianolol
    Temple Guard

Tizianolol Active Member

Wow thats amazing !! Thx for the info:)