1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conversion Ive planned for some time

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by shahryar, Dec 15, 2009.

1. shahryar
    Kroxigor

shahryar Member

I always wanted to make a lizardman chariot, more as a show piece but also as a way to make a somewhat cheap basic counts as steggie
    my plan

Take this well get the bits for teh chariot itself from a store that sells bits, then 2 eitehr razordons sallies, or cold ones(although razordons make more sense impact and mosnter reaction wise) and fit them to it.

then take all the bits I have left from my EOTG the shields ballista etc, and fit them on the chariot to lizardman it up so to speak.

I know it might be easier to just also buy some dark elf or lizzie cold one mount bits to attach to it but I think the razordons would be more imposing.

Also fitting enough skinks onto it might be a problem

Any idea how best to make it work?

2. blue-dragon88
    Skink

blue-dragon88 New Member

I have done a simliar coverertion that I posted on this site a few weeks ago.
    (ref Topic: Charoit for lizadmen? dose it work)

I did find when i started that I was going to have it with salamanders pulling the charoit, however I found that they were to low for the yoke of the charoit to connect properly so I went for Cold ones.
    I also found the height for the rim the base was to high for skinks so I used a saurus warrior instead.

I did get some critersium about the use of it in the game but i not into the gaming side that much, just the coverting & painting side.

BUT every one is free to make what they wish in this world of Lustria. I look forward to seeing your version of a lizardmen chariot

Sorry about the spelling a very long day :rolleyes:

3. Kroxigorz
    Skink

Kroxigorz New Member

GOD DAMMIT, ths is exactly what i was going to do; with the white lion chariot and everything...
    Chariots usually only have 2 minitures on them anyway so i would just make some "house rules" for it instead of using the steg. How are u gonna fit razerdons pulling the chariot, there so spikey and it would look akward?

4. Divinor
    Cold One

Divinor Member

I think this is a very good idea. So good, that I have already done it....

I can't take credit for the idea (ref my super genius battle brother Commercial) but with his vision and my conversion work I made this:

lizchariot.jpg
    Counts as a baby steg. Has 5 skink riders. Big bow. Cold ones arent stupid due to their eliteness, which is also why they have 2 str 5 attacks each! Scythed for impact hits... all the good stuff!

The wheels need work but other than that most of the model is done.

5. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

Genius wheels! Very nice conversion all round.

6. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

I like everything but the cork board wheels :), Great conversion

7. Divinor
    Cold One

Divinor Member

I didn't mean to hijack this thread, sorry mate! I'll get my own thread going once I get this thing painted.

Wheels were really hard to find as cold ones are pretty damn tall. So, I figured since I am cork basing all my models I might be able to use some for the wheels. I actually think if I had 4 of the semi-circular rune things (on the front part of the back section) they would make better wheels. We shall see if I feel like putting in another bits order.

8. Kroxigorz
    Skink

Kroxigorz New Member

Weird...
    Lets see it fron the other side :)