1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert Saurus Knight to Scar-Veteran on Cold One

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Tzekel-Kan, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Tzekel-Kan
    Jungle Swarm

Tzekel-Kan New Member

So I am building up my Seraphon army, and I would like to include the Firelance Starhost. It calls for three units of Knights and a Scar-Vet. Knights are purchased in units of 8, and two would equal 16. Therefore, I would like to convert one to a Scar-Vet, to have the exact minimum for the Starhost. How do I do so? (I couldn't find anything to answer this exact question). I'm new to AoS as well as this forum and I've only recently finished painting my first models. I would greatly appreciate help.

Bowser likes this.
  2. DeadlyRecluse
    Chameleon Skink

DeadlyRecluse Well-Known Member

Give him the fanciest head sculpt you've got, and the war pick from the knight kit and the rest is up to you. As long as he stands out from your other knights whatever you do should be alright with most opponents.

deer riffs and Bowser like this.
  3. Tzekel-Kan
    Jungle Swarm

Tzekel-Kan New Member

Thank you, that's what I figured, but I wasn't 100 percent. Your profile picture is of a MtG card.

DeadlyRecluse and Bowser like this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Seraphage, Bowser and tom ndege like this.
  5. PhoenixTheCat
    Terradon

PhoenixTheCat Well-Known Member

I would probably just give him a few back banners and the Alpha's head with the snake crest.

Bowser likes this.
  6. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Whatever makes it stand out really, but yeah typically it would be one of the scar-vet heads from the Carnosaur kit and maybe the big shield, or the chest plate.

7. eron12
    Saurus

eron12 Active Member

You could also bulk out the base a little. Stick the cold one on a wood chip or some cork then paint it like a rock. Your scar vet will look bigger and more imposing even though it's the same size.

TimCz and Bowser like this.