1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could use some advice

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by spenser48, Jan 13, 2009.

1. spenser48
    Jungle Swarm

spenser48 New Member

Hey all,

I'm new to painting lizardmen and have a quick question I'm painting my lizards scaly green with scorpian green scales and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what color to paint my cold ones I realy stuck on them.

Thanks,

2. Khaldun
    Jungle Swarm

Khaldun New Member

I'm pretty new to the Lizards, but I would suggest googling for some pictures - the internet is a limitless source of ideas...

3. LuckyNumbrXIII
    Saurus

LuckyNumbrXIII New Member

Indeed. What I did was I looked up all sorts of lizards. In fact, I looked up skinks and found out they had blue tongues... so I painted all my skinks' exposed tongues blue.

I try to make every lizard in my army based on real lizards.

My general is based on my gecko, Otto.

Check it out:
    27690Ftail.jpg
    Otto the Gecko

DSC02108.jpg
    Otto the Slann Mage Priest

4. stu
    Skink

stu New Member

i paint my lizardmen green too. Haven't painted cold ones yet, but i am thinking of doing them a dark blue/grey colour with a pale under belly. Probably by mixing shadow grey with regal blue. Then adding a touch of codex grey to build up highlights, and space wolves grey for the belly. I'm hoping it comes out how it looks in my head!

5. Chosen of Sotek
    Skink

Chosen of Sotek New Member

Well if your lizards are green, then the ideal cold blood color would be something that look good with green. In my opinion any of these colors would look good - orange, purple, brown, and light blue. Black will look good as well but it may be to bland. A darker gray my suit it better if you wish to do something like black.

Hope this helps. :)

Chosen of Sotek

6. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

I also paint my Lizardmen green, and I was thinking of copying this raptor's color scheme:

Velociraptor.jpg

7. biggreen
    Skink

biggreen New Member

I think you paint should use Hormagaunt Purple as basecoat, Badab Black was top than 1:1 Warlock Purple,Liche Purple,for the shadow in the scales use Leviathan Purple in the cracks only. and highlights use 1:1 Scab Red, Warlock Purple.

8. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

Well, that doesn't give you much of a green model, but otherwise it sounds like it should work.
    Love the ide of stripes down the spine. That could turn out to be quit sweet!
    Did see a carnosaur elswere on this site who had stripes, and it was a killer! (by all means ;) )