1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scenery Created an objective marker for Adepticon...

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by dreitman, Mar 18, 2015.

1. dreitman
    Skink

dreitman New Member

This is my first foray into terrain building. I needed to create an objective marker for this weekend's Adepticon event. After finishing it someone at my LGS said I can use is as a Jungle Swarm as well... so I may be making another one of these.

I used pink foam, an air brush, snake bits from a Bastilladon kit, and other misc. flock and grass materials

Note: Don't make the same mistake i made if you go to build something similar... paint the snakes before glueing them in :jawdrop: !!!

ObjMarker1.jpg
    ObjMarker2.jpg
    ObjMarker3.jpg
    ObjMarker4.jpg

Scalenex and Vinnie like this.
  2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Not bad,
    I think the sakes could use a bit of wash (delving mud ?)
    to make them stand out a bit.

3. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Chicken Lips Well-Known Member

Totally fun concept! I wish it was in the face of a skull or something with the snakes pouring out of the eye sockets or mouth like in the Indiana Jones movies.

And I agree on the wash. The snakes are a little too flat right now. Maybe even glaze a few to make them look slimy/moist/creepy.

4. dreitman
    Skink

dreitman New Member

Thanks, I may find time at Adepticon to add more shading and highlights/gloss... but definitely something I'll address before calling it done and done. I had one evening to get this thing made and painted.

It originally started as a pink rock and I was playing with different bits to come up with something I liked. I do like the skull idea and Indiana Jones was definitely coming to mind as I was making this. So I dumped all the spears, weapons, shields, totums, etc that i was trying to find a place for and settled with just snakes oozing out of a granite monolith with a single totum. Sometimes simple is better... at least its quicker to paint.

5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Very well done. It looks really great.

6. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Looks awesome, well done.