1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crooked Slann

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Nerdling, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Nerdling
    Skink

Nerdling New Member

I bought a slann this week and the it sits crooked on the clear plastic rod. It's like he's all drunk and wobbly. The metal itself is formed wrong.

Has anyone else come across this? What did you do?

2. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

I painted my slann a couple of days ago myself and I see what you mean.
    This is not a uncommon problem on metal models unfortunetly, so you have to improvise.
    I used some green stuff and glue, making the slann sit in place and waited over night so the green stuf hardened.
    It realy did the trick, though I think drilling a hole in the palaquin fitting the plastic rod might be the best sulution..

3. FrozenLizards
    Saurus

FrozenLizards New Member

I believe this is done on purpose. In all the pictures I've seen on the Slann he is a lil crooked. I even noted the 'eavy Metal Slann is a lil crooked. I didn't like it an straited mine out.

4. Nerdling
    Skink

Nerdling New Member

Thanks guys,

I am either going to try the green stuff or fill the hole with sadder and drill a new hole.

5. Craziecory
    Skink

Craziecory New Member

I doubt him being crooked is planned. I have seen it all those places as well and I think it looked tacky.

The "easyest" way is just to base him without the rod on a lare square base (thats what I did) but beyond that I would sugest drilling out the hole to even it up. if you want to get "fancy" you could drill out a little from each floating stone and put in a thin rod in each. Should stableize the whole thing and give it a bit more resilance.

6. lord marcus
    Skink

lord marcus New Member

when i got my slann, i immediatly got out my dremmel and a nail the nail works wonders on keeping the palaquin up.

7. Nerdling
    Skink

Nerdling New Member

I just finished painting the slann today. I left it crooked because I really didn't feel like trying to fix it and wrecking $45 or whatever it cost.

I think it still looks pretty good.