1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daemons? Really?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Gerdion, May 17, 2010.

1. Gerdion
    Skink

Gerdion New Member

Just got an email today from GW and the contents of which make my blood boil.

Incoming! Daemons!

Firstly, what? Why are the Daemons of Chaos - the newest army choice to both Fantasy and 40k players - getting more attention and more models? What is the deal here? Personally, I feel they have made a bad choice rather than choosing to give some TLC to the Necrons (or more appropriately, the Dark Eldar).

Due to their newness, the Daemons are the last army needing fresh minis right now.

2. Great Lord Tlanxla
    Saurus

Great Lord Tlanxla New Member

What the heck?! Thats ridiculous. Most if not all of the daemons models are great! That is such crap. I cant believe GW sometimes.

3. Iggy Koopa
    Chameleon Skink

Iggy Koopa New Member

I got the same email and had the same expression on my face... Sometimes I just don't get it...

Iggy Koopa

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

They've been talking about adding to the range for a while... I don't know daemons too well, but aren't only 2 of the god's troops in plastic rather than metal? They're just converting more metal to plastic and probably charging the same price..

There are definitely other armies out there that could use it more though.

5. Guardian of Hexoatl
    Temple Guard

Guardian of Hexoatl New Member

Yeah, I think that Strewart is rght. They will probably introduce a new model or 2 but for the most part, I think it will just be metal to plastic conversions. And agreed lol there are other armies that need this knid of attention way more.

6. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Yea I immagine it's mostly for 40k anyhow...
    and just a few models at that.

7. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

Ya the incoming O&G was only 2 sets, so I doubt it is very many models.

8. Great Lord Tlanxla
    Saurus

Does anyone have any idea what models they are re-doing?

9. Guardian of Hexoatl
    Temple Guard

I heard Horrors and plaguebearers are being converted to plastic kits like bloodletters and daemonettes. This is most likely because of the huge price difference. Not only are plastic minis more popular, but you get only five models of those two for the same price as ten of the others.

10. Skrox
    Cold One

Skrox New Member

Anything which might convince more people to play deamons is a bad idea at this point.

Hate to thread jack but when are we getting a plastic terradon rider kit? How many times do lists get posted and the first response is 'you really should add terradons' and they say they can't afford them. I want a $35 dollar 3 model plastic set, like the Pegasus knights. Except I just ordered the stupid metal ones.

11. Great Lord Tlanxla
    Saurus

I completely agree with that. Plastic kroxigors would be really nice too. Plastic is just better in general.

12. Guardian of Hexoatl
    Temple Guard

Agreed! We need both plastic terradons and Kroxigors. 17 and 20 dollars a model? That's ridiculous!

13. Great Lord Tlanxla
    Saurus

Exactly! Thats a minimum of 52 dollars a unit for terradons and a minimum of 60 bucks for 3 kroxigors and 100 if you want 5. Sometime I just dont understand GW

14. Andycano
    Skink

Andycano New Member

I'm A bit late replying here so Apolagies
    but after only seeing it now ..
    Im a Daemons Player and seriously Currently Daemons are one of the most expensive armies to play and have the most metal models in teh currently we only have 2 Plastic Kits Them being Daemonettes And Bloodletters and With teh new release it will do lots of good and make daemons easier to play over at the Demonic Legion I have seen pictures of the new

Daemon Prince (As shown in The WoC book)
    New pink Horrors
    New Plastic Seekers Of Slaanesh
    The Changeling

But as far as i can see i dont see any other army that could need as many plastic kits as Daemons Do
    Please Let me know if im wrong

:smug: