1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Army Fluff Daikaiju's dive into the realm of Lizardmen

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Daikaiju, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Daikaiju
    Jungle Swarm

Daikaiju New Member

Greetings, my fellow spawnings,

My story takes us back to the golden age of saturday morning shows like Thundercats, Dinosaurs and Cadillacs, Pirates of the Black Water and the likes.. please, be seated, have a mug of coffee or other beverage at your side as we delve deeper into the abyss of a mind that was seeded by the cold-blooded ones many years before his ascention into the Lizardmen realm.

I guess my affection for Lizardmen started with my first Kaiju-movie, Gojira, the 1954 Toho produced monster movie showing a 50 meters tall prehistoric, radioactive monster. I think I was about 6-8 years old when the german tv channel Sat1 showed all movies from the Showa and Heisei series every saturday, and one could say I was awestruck by this giant, atomic fire breathing, oversized lizard of destruction. The years went by, school, girls and alcohol -the three dreaded sins :D- replaced the affection towards dinosaurs, computer games and RPG's. It would take another 3-4 years before the prehistoric seed that was placed inside my mind so many years ago my Godzilla, began to spire.

Warhammer fantasy drew my attention, and not before long, I was heading home with a boxed set of lizardmen saurus, skink skirmishers, a Saurus OldBlood and three Kroxigors. (the old, Allosaurus-esque ones) I put them together, painted them, and not before long, I had a 2.000 pts Lizardmen army with Slann Mage Priest, Kroq-Gar and Temple Guard, spreading the wisdom of The Old Ones on the tabletop at my friend's place. Then disaster struck. I sold them. Every single saurus, skink and kroxigor changed owners so that I could collect more Iron Warriors, and to this date, I still regret this choice.

Two years ago, I acquired the full Showa-Heisei-Shinsei series Godzilla collection, sporting 28 movies of my childhood's favourite monster, which now have a prominent place on my DVD-shelf. Unknown to me, that little prehistoric seed that was planted in my mind so many years ago, finally came to fruitation last year. I wanted to collect Lizardmen again. I decided to get rid of my 2.000pts Ogre army, which still needs to find a new owner for a reasonable amount of money, so that I can begin my quest in collecting Lizardmen anew.

My plan on creating a Lizardmen army is simple.. Find an easy to mass-paint colour scheme, with the exception of Characters, and give this Lizardmen army in the making a good solid background, which again leads me towards Godzilla.. Originally, this monster is the combined fears of the japanese after the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but in Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidora: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack, his origins are altered to be depicted as a demonic beast possessed by the souls of those who died in the Pacific in World War II. This film returns Godzilla to his roots of being a genuinely malevolent being who deliberately seeks to punish Japan for the sins of WWII. Looking at the Lizardmen fluff, especially those of the Collapse of the Polar Gates and the Coming of the Skaven, an idea struck my mind. What if the souls of those Lizardmen who died fighting the Daemons during The Fall, materialised into a massive beast of destruction, a pure Engine of The Gods would give rise to yet another Lizardmen Deity, namely Gojira? With this in mind, My Lizardmen army will have a most unique background, which I will elaborate more in this thread.

What I'd like to hear now are your thoughts around this concept.

Cheers, Daikaiju :pompus:

2. Slanny*are*tranny
    Cold One

Slanny*are*tranny New Member

that sounds amazing are you going to build Gojira if you are send pics love the idea cant wait for more