1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deadly's Constellation

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by DeadlyRecluse, Dec 6, 2016.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Excellent job... a great looking unit.

DeadlyRecluse likes this.
  2. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I like the chameleons, very characterful and it looks like a pretty simple conversion to reproduce (that might be a false assumption, but I am already trying to figure out in my head how I would go about doing something similar).

DeadlyRecluse and Bowser like this.
  3. DeadlyRecluse
    Chameleon Skink

DeadlyRecluse Well-Known Member

It was a total breeze, the only tough part is getting the eyeballs looking in different different directions without making the model look too goofy. And deciding which chameleon species I wanted to base each of their crests on:p

Bowser, Jorgik, Warden and 1 other person like this.
  4. DeadlyRecluse
    Chameleon Skink

I recently picked up some tufts from my local model train store and I thought I'd spruce up the engines base a bit more as well as add some to my other models IMG_20170315_232232748.jpg IMG_20170315_231851261.jpg IMG_20170315_231914694.jpg

I've also been working on my hinterlands warband of angry blood men which have been utterly destroying everyone I play and really deserve to be fully painted. The deathbringer is my first time painting human skin and faces aside from the small bits on the blood warriors. I'm not super happy with it, but I'm sure ill get better as I paint more. IMG_20170315_224430642.jpg
    IMG_20170315_224317759.jpg IMG_20170315_225055606.jpg
    I've been cheating on the hobby a little bit as well and have been working on a zoid kit in my spare time. Defs need to buy another for a horizon zero dawn custom IMG_20170315_223711734.jpg

Seraphage, deer riffs, Ritual and 6 others like this.
  5. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

The chamelons look great so far, and the scar-veteran looks like a real hard-charger.

Nice khornate champions too (heresy).

Where did you get the horizon zero dawn kit from? I saw the t-rex-ish looking creature the other day, wondering where I could possibly get one if I decided to go that route (the game also looked interesting, but I am more interested in if they have a legit miniature line).

Also what is the scale? How does the zoid creature measure up to your lizards?

Bowser and DeadlyRecluse like this.
  6. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

AAAHAA i love it i have been trying to get some zoids but my wife wont let me until i complete me 30 MG/PG gundams ....oddly shes cool with my ever growing back log of minis lol

Warden, Bowser and DeadlyRecluse like this.
  7. DeadlyRecluse
    Chameleon Skink

I got mine from Amazon, here's a link if you're interested https://www.amazon.ca/Zoids-Model-RZ041-Liger-Zero/dp/B003UTUEVI

It was probably the best engineered model kit I have ever built. There were no point at which I was confused with unclear instructions(even though they're all in Japanese and I had to go off the pictures. Not moldlines or pieces of flash anywhere on the kit and looks awesome straight out of the box with no paint. My only gripe being that the gold plastic leaves a bit to be desired but I think a bit of retributor armour could easily fix all that. That and removing all the armour pieces takes forever but I like him with it on so I seldom take it off. He is quite large though, much larger than any of Warhammer especially if hes in a more upright pose rather than crouched down stalking something 14896826952531189319731.jpg
    Honestly once you build one of these you may never go back to Gundam lol. They sprues are laid out wayy better than even newer MG's and pgs and everything is so big and chunky that assembly was total walk in the park. I haven't seen how one of these kits paints yet though, but the pictures I see online look god tier when they're finished. Also if you don't care about having a seat for your little pilot to sit in then there's plenty of space for an led to go I'm behind his eyes and make them really glow.

Warden, Bowser and Bracnos like this.
  8. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

Awesome well then on that recommendation ill just hint that for my 13th anniversary gift ^_^...but it might just be masseffect Andromeda as i have been talking about that game with her alot lol.

Also a gentle reminder to post your completed lizardmen in the fine art gallery so that people who dont like to dig trough the site can see your wonderful work...(sharpening pokey stick for compliance) *poke poke*

Warden and Bowser like this.
  9. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Wow that was way bigger than I expected :wideyed: but gives me some awesome ideas!

Bowser likes this.
  10. DeadlyRecluse
    Chameleon Skink

Haven't done much in terms of lizard stuff lately but I have been working on my marines squad for mordh.. Shadow War. I'm taking a page out of @Aginor's page and doing washes only yellow for my Libators. For those interested the recipe for the yellow is prime corax white, spray zandri dust, all over heavy wash of Seraphim Sepia, two light all over washes of Casandora Yellow followed by an all over glaze of Lamenters Yellow. This is just the test marine I found the right recipe on and the best picture I've got of the colour as I'm still learning to use my lightbox correctly (as demonstrated in the second pic lol). Silver isn't washed or anything yet though IMG_20170403_130706799.jpg IMG_20170403_130647149_HDR.jpg

Warden, Jorgik, Bowser and 6 others like this.
  11. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

They come out reasonably smooth using that method, good job.

Aginor and Bowser like this.
  12. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Where are the parts for this from?

Aginor and Bowser like this.
  13. Fulcrum
    Cold One

Fulcrum Well-Known Member

Just looked through this thread, and awesome work!

PS. Your bloat toad is adorable.

DeadlyRecluse, Bowser and Aginor like this.
  14. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I think I can answer that:

- That spear he is carrying in his hand is either from the Troglodon/Carnosaur kit or from a Terradon Rider perhaps. I think it is the former, the hand is pretty big (as the Oracle).
    - The body is a Troglodon's Skink Oracle. That is a pretty big skink, funny if you compare him to other Skinks. Maybe that means he is old. That's good because...
    - ...that bow he is carrying is originally a ballista from the Stegadon kit, a "Skystreak Bow"
    - The quiver on his back is the ammo storage for that ballista, also from the Stegadon kit.
    - The head is from a Skink Alpha (Stegadon kit)
    - The shoulder armor is from a Saurus Warrior's sprue, intended for Saurus Warrior Alphas IIRC.

--> a really cool conversion!

DeadlyRecluse, Bowser and Jorgik like this.
  15. DeadlyRecluse
    Chameleon Skink

Totally spot on, and the spear/arrow is part of the trog/carno kit. I stole @Mark Sinosich 's method for diagrams and the following pictures show the pieces needed as well as their locations on their respective sprues sketch-1492032546067.png sketch-1491964887021.png sketch-1491964859874.png

16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Mark Sinosich, Bowser and Lord-Marcus like this.
  17. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Bowser likes this.
  18. DeadlyRecluse
    Chameleon Skink

Shouts out to @Mark Sinosich for that. Stole his method pretty much the second I saw it lol

19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That's a great idea @Mark Sinosich ! :)

20. Hutch9935
    Skink

Hutch9935 Member

Hey what did you use to make the bow? Think this is absolutely awesome!

Bowser likes this.