1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deathguard lizardmen army

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by deathguard, Dec 6, 2009.

1. deathguard
    Skink

deathguard New Member

hi this is my first post. so my army i wanted to have my lizards all very natural looking so a palette of greens browns and other lizard colourations were in order. my friends and i seem to talk a long time to paint our minis but i think im starting to fall out of that rut. so here i have my slann and my temple guard champ neither are totally done and i am looking for a bit of help and comments. for the champ i have tried to make him lighter than the saurus in my army to show their age and what not as with this i feel the colour is starting to become to close to the skull on his head and maybe not enough variation in colour on his back. tell me what you guys think it will be appreciated

it says when i try to upload my pics from photobucket that my pics cant be wider than a pixel can anyone help

thanx
    Deathguard

2. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Well, welcome to the site, first of all.
    I suggest you post some pictures, so we can see what you've come up with so far, and then we'll be able to tell you how you might be able to achieve the look you're going for.
    Generally speaking, if you want a model to be lighter colored, you use lighter paints. For example, if you normally use Knarloc Green as your main color, then perhaps switch to Gretchin Green instead for the older Saurus.

3. deathguard
    Skink

deathguard New Member

i did try posting as i said in the first post it tells me i can only upload pic with a width of a pixel which doesnt make sense

4. deathguard
    Skink

deathguard New Member

imgp2834.jpg
    imgp2835l.jpg
    imgp2836.jpg
    imgp2830.jpg

this is the best i could get if any one can help to display the pic right on the forum that would be helpful. ive posted pics on forums befor but it is not working the same way.

5. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

What a lovely slann. The turquoise really works well against the gold and muted natural stone and flesh.

6. blue-dragon88
    Skink

blue-dragon88 New Member

Their is a annouments called "posting images" in the lizardmen conversions section.

This help me understand how to post my pics in step by step form.

Hope this helps.

7. deathguard
    Skink

deathguard New Member

thanx im am going to try and keep painting like i am now and post pics regularly.

8. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Ya I really love the paint jobs on those great job

9. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Edit or quote your post and have a look at the tags I used, that is what you need to do to post pics.

They look good, I really like the Slann. He has a very natural feel to him, great work.

10. deathguard
    Skink

deathguard New Member

thanx got it now

11. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Nice job! Hehe, you don't need my help...

12. n1ghtl1fe
    Skink

n1ghtl1fe New Member

The only thing I'm not sure on is the gold on the temple guard model and the bases, so many people don't seem to put much work on the bases on this site.

Other than that they look great.

13. deathguard
    Skink

deathguard New Member

what do you suggest for the bronze. these arnt fully complete so i do still need to bases

14. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

Give the metal a wash or two of devlan mud, then highlight it with a mix of whatever gold you used mixed with a bit of mithril silver.

15. deathguard
    Skink

deathguard New Member

hmm thats exactly what i did plus a wash of green for the oxydization i think it might just be the pics.