1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Different terradons

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by strewart, May 5, 2009.

1. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Terradons here are $28 each, and I don't know about the rest of you but I'm not willing to pay over $100 for 4 little terradons. But they are a great unit. Has anyone decided to convert them from something else? I am considering coming up with new fluff and just having counts as completely different models, maybe a new spawning of skink, but I'm not sure yet.

Of course another option is to just buy some cheap dinosaur toys and convert some plastic skinks to ride them. That is looking high on my list at the moment. Plus I have one of the very old terradon models without a rider at the moment, so I can use him.

Anyone done anything cool with terradons?

2. SlipKnoT
    Skink

SlipKnoT New Member

I know one thing that i saw one tournament cca 1 month ago. A Lizardmen player (her name was Tamara)

only female WH player i know. She make a terradon conversion,a skink rider hanging of the terradon only

holding him self for a terradons tail :D . It was soo awsome and make me laughing for hours. I thing i have

a picture of him il try to find it for u.

3. Guardian_A
    Skink

Guardian_A New Member

$28 each? Ouch! I got my hands on three bundles not too long ago, each bundle had two Terradon Riders and one Tictacto for about $35. I'm planning to convert two of the Tictacto's into champoins (Mostly just replace the model from the torso up).

Also, if you live anywhere near a Runnings store, they have two models that would work great. The models are just a little bigger than the GW models, but they are only $5 each and are already painted to a very good standard.

4. Suppe
    Kroxigor

Suppe New Member

28 DOLLARS?! are they made of titanium or pure gold? http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1380000&prodId=prod1690062 says 9.80 pounds, but then again thats without shipping.

5. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Quit whining, strewart. This hobby costs money, and that's not going to change anytime soon :D
    But hey, have you seen these before?

6. Duront
    Skink

Duront New Member

You could use the Coatl from Reaper Minis, they cost 7 bucks where I am at and the ones I am using look really cool.

7. Suppe
    Kroxigor

Suppe New Member

cant see anything

8. Corbechev
    Saurus

Corbechev New Member

Yeah it is silly, but what can you do!! I am dishing out 30 US each, that is about 35-40 canadian.. Mostly because our gaming store doesn't get in blisters because they don't sell as well as the boxes... :rolleyes:

9. azeralk
    Skink

azeralk New Member

damn you are unlucky here in finland they cost about 15 e each ...

10. johnh
    Skink

johnh New Member

I know its good to support local hobby stores, but with the economy the way it is....Ebay is a great answer to many of those needs. I got 2 terradons on ebay for 5.99 each (and yes, they were the newest models), and I think it was about 5 dollars for shipping!

I just need to find the same guy and see if I can get two more! then my whole lil 4 man unit would be just 34 dollars.

11. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

Whoa! Packs of 3? I am wondering how I can get my hands on those?

Runnings store? Can you give a link to the website?

I too am liking the effectiveness of Terradons but balking at the cost.

12. strewart
    OldBlood

Eh, I know the hobby is expensive and I can take that with a lot of models and boxes, but there is no way I am paying that much for such tiny skinny things when I'm not even that fond of the models. :p

I have seen them before and they do indeed look cool, might definitely be worth looking into. Do you remember if they made the wings from scratch or got them from a model? Pegasus maybe?

I'm not sure why your image tag didn't work.. I tried to fix it to no avail. If people quote the post, they can see the link and put it in the browser window to go to it.

Remeber the Aus dollar is a bit weaker than other currencies, but yes they cost 28 here. The UK 9.80 pounds converts to about $22 AU, which is a touch cheaper yes but then you have to contend with shipping which still makes the unit about $100 Aus. I'd pay half that, a box of 4 terradons for $50 would be fine.

I am also interested as to where Guardian got the pack of 3 from? That sounds pretty reasonable. And yeah I have been keeping an eye on ebay but not many have come up.

13. Guardian_A
    Skink

Guardian_A New Member

Here is the link to the runnings stores website: http://www.myrunnings.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx It dosnt have the toys pictured, but it shouldnt be too hard to contact them and find out how to order one or more of the models. Unfortunately, I dont have the sticker on mine anymore, so I cant tell you who makes the specific model. They have a whole series of animal/dinosaur models (Single models, not collections) so it shouldnt be hard to find out which model it is.

The 3 packs were on ebay right after the new models came out. I've actually been hoping to pick up another set or two for a while now, but I havent seen them pop up again.

14. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

15. strewart
    OldBlood

Image tags are still on, I just tried and they worked for me. I suspect your specific link is on a website where they do not like direct linking for whatever reason so it didn't display because of that.

@ Guardian_A, were the ebay deals from private sellers or ebay sellers? If it was an actual business, I don't suppose you still have the name?

16. Guardian_A
    Skink

Guardian_A New Member

It was an ebay seller. I spent a about 15minutes looking for the auction in my feedback, but it was old enough that the auction link no longer works, so I wasnt able to figure out who I had bought it from. I did however see the new models between $15-$17 on ebay just a few minutes ago, thats still a lot better than the $28 someone listed before. Sorry I cant be of any more help with that.

Here is a little conversion guide to help make cheap Terradons too if that will help: http://santacruzwarhammer.blogspot.com/2008/03/toy-store-terradon-conversion.html

17. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

I'm not sure about using them as terradons but they could be used as a model to represent the Coatls, the
    "guardians of sacred plaques". They also appear as the sign of Tepok, the old one.