1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Dinosaurs!

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by GreenMachine, Jul 22, 2015.

1. GreenMachine
    Skink

GreenMachine Member

Hey guys, I plan on attending the Crossroads this year www.crossroads-gt.com which is set in Elmira NY Sep 27-29 and usually has about 120 players. They're sticking with eighth-edition with the following tweaks:

A character riding a monster/chariot has a single combined profile for wounds and toughness, similar to monstrous cavalry. Use the highest T and W between the rider and the mount. Any characteristic tests will use the highest value on the model, either the rider or the mount. The highest Ward save a rider on a monster can have is 4+, no bonus may ever increase it, you may never re-roll a failed ward save for a character riding a monster. If both the character and the mount have a ward save, use the higher of the two. Use the rider’s armor save for the model, adding +1 to that save for being mounted; if the mount has a scaly skin armor save, then add +2 to the armor save. These rule applies to Characters riding a Screaming Bell/Cauldron of Blood/Chaos Warshrine/etc as well.

I just want to bring dinosaurs! Help me make an Oldblood on a carnosaur that's a real...beast...hehehe....in combat...okay, sorry. I had too. 2400pt total with a max of 25% on lords and heroes. No more 50% stuff.

Oldblood on carnosaur
    -armor of destiny (cannons still hurt) or glimmering scales with talisman of preservation? What do you think the best load out is?

Skink priest on ancient steg (sharpened horns) with EOTG and dispel scroll (level 1 beast)

30 saurus warriors full command
    3x10 skink skirmishers with javelins and shields

2 bastiladons
    2x5 Chamo skinks

2 ancient stegs with sharpened horns

I have points to play around with. Really, it's just the oldblood I want to figure out. The army is just for fun as everyone LOVES dinosaurs

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

heck yea, this should be awesome for us. :D

since the ward is caped, how about using items
    that that let you re-roll failed armor saves (probably 2+)
    and the thing that makes your enemies reroll successful wounds against you.
    dueling blades is another great option for buffing offence and defense at the same time.

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I see they slightly protected against Monster abuse. No 3+ ward rerolling 1's Chaos Lord on a Dragon. Of course a Chaos lord with Toughness 6, 1+ re-rollable armour and a 4+ is still potent. At least it will work well for our Carno riding Oldbloods and Scar Vets.

Personally I'd drop the Priest on the Steg and opt for a Priest scroll caddy and a 4+ Ward Scar-Vet on a Carno!

4. GreenMachine
    Skink

GreenMachine Member

Yeah, I totally could do 1+ with dawnstone AND the 4+ ward. He'd be pretty unstoppable.
    I'd LOVE to bring two carnosaurs, but I do not have the funds to purchase two of those models (much less put together and paint them before then) I do however already have the Ancient Stegadon. I feel like the EOTG and the other two bounds spells will assure at least one will get through a turn to get rid of annoying harassers.

How about the potion that heals wounds? Wouldn't that be frustrating to bring a 1+/4+ 5 wound model down to 1 or 2, then have it healed?

n810 likes this.
  5. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

I wonder if taking the scar vet carno and a life/high magic slann would be better for wound regen.

I wonder if you'll see a ton of cannons because these rules are so favorable to monsters.