1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9th Age Discussion of OpenHammer (ETC) and Ninth Age (Swedish Comp)

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Pinktaco, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

But which unit is currently used for that role? Blowpipe Skirmishers are hardly used as is because they lack Quick to Fire and a shield. Their only deal is to put out a lot of attacks.

Look at it from this perspective - if you want to have a versatile unit that can redirect, shoot and take on other skirmishers in close combat you go for javelins. They're still cheap.
    If you want to have a unit that can pump out a ridiculous amount of shots then you have blowpipes.

From the way I see it we don't lose much. We lose an upgrade we hardly used in exchange for a unit that's actually quite good. On top of that we haven't been limited in our playstyle. If you want to go massed skirmishers with javelins (which is what most people use) then you can still do that.

Honestly though I don't see the proposal with camo skinks in core as something you'd like to make a skink cloud of. Rather I seem them as something you take 2 units of and then you hunter monsters. Javelins will still maintain their current role of redirecting.

2. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

Just had a nice talk on the warhammer board.

There's no denying that Tetto'eko is extremely good as he is. In order to not have a straight up price increase how about removing his vanguard rule and giving it to another skink special character? Such as Tiktaq'to? Tetto'eko would still be very powerful as a mage and Tiktaq'to would be much much more viable. Also hopefully Tiktaq'to is allowed to join ripper/terradon units in 9th Age.

Just a thought of course :)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    Trociu likes this.
  3. Trociu
    Chameleon Skink

Trociu Active Member

I like the idea. Personally I take Tetto'eko when I want to have fun with vanguard, if it comes to magic, he just makes up for my slann which stays home ☺. Giving this to Tik'taq'to still fits to fluff and is much better than ambush for terradons

4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Just don't have him end up costing more than our Slann, remember he's supposed to be the budget option.