1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Dispossessed "Out of Order"

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Seraphage, May 29, 2017.

1. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Not Seraphon related but I wanted to ask :

Is it only me or there are 2 units IronDrakes / IronBreakers than are "No longer available " ?

That actually seems pretty peremptory. It doesn't say "Temporarily out of stock" and you cannot click the " Email me when will be available" button.

Thoughts ?

Ritual and Bowser like this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Perhaps they got swatted, with the Kharadron Overlords and the Fyreslayers becoming the only dwarves still maintained by GW.
    I would hate classic dwarves to be gone but sometimes it seems GW tries to thin out the flock a bit, trying to make factions less numerous. I kinda expect the classical dwarves being rolled into free peoples or something, free peoples becoming basically all old humans plus dwarves plus a few elves and mages.
    It is easier to maintain 20 factions than 63.

Perhaps I am wrong, but sometimes I wonder if that wouldn't be better. All Grots into one, all remaining Elves, and some others. Those many faction with 3-5 models and never getting updated are sad.

3. Seraphage
    Stegadon

I agree with the idea and I understand that they were much alike *well as a modelist I sure as hell know they weren't but for people not into the hobby it was * other dwarfs from other companies but it still hurts as i LOVE their appearance. I 'll just snipe as many units as I can since I was having dwarfs as a kid and was planning to start making an old time dwarf army later on. I ll prebuy to be sure :p

4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Yeah, I believe that line is no longer available.

Shawry, Ritual and Seraphage like this.
  5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Which is sad. ..

Ritual and Seraphage like this.
  6. PhoenixTheCat
    Terradon

PhoenixTheCat Well-Known Member

I just checked and they're still available. Maybe they're only out of stock in some countries.

Seraphage, Bowser and Ritual like this.
  7. Soxii
    Saurus

Soxii Active Member

Just as a heads up, was browsing through the UK GW webstore, and the Dispossessed seem to be available here, but the Freeguild humans are now listed as 'temporarily out of stock online' so I'm not sure if they need to make another batch of those models or if they're being rebased next or something. (Now I feel like saving up for those models instead of 40k 8th edition -sigh-)

EDIT: They have officially sold out of the Gyrocopter/bomber on the Ironweld Arsenal faction :S I really am gonna have to snap up some more fantasy models by the looks of things!

EDIT EDIT: Looking around, some of the cheaper websites that offer GW models are listing a few of the Dispossessed/Dwarf models as being 'unavailable' in that they won't be sent anymore from GW, so they might be the next faction that gets rebased (...or squatted :S )

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    Ritual likes this.
  8. Soxii
    Saurus

Soxii Active Member

Update on GW, the UK store is selling out of Dispossessed units now - the irondrakes/breakers now as well as temporarily out of longbeard/hammerers. Seeing as they haven't actually gone into 'Last chance to buy', I'm assuming they're getting the rebasing treatment like our lizardmen did? (seeing as our line of minis didn't go there either, and simply 'sold out' aside from a few characters).

Damn it GW, I haven't got much money this month (I blame saving up for a holiday!) and now I might have to buy up all those units that I was hoping to buy at a later date when I actually had money! Damn you! -looks at my poor purse hiding in the corner-

tom ndege and Ritual like this.
  9. Seraphage
    Stegadon

But wait.. what I was afraid was that we wouldn't have them back at all. If they are rebasing them, isn't this a good thing ? I mean same thing but without to have to pay the extra round bases ?

Ritual and Aginor like this.
  10. Aginor
    Slann

Yep. I can hardly imagine them rebasing them and then phasing them out.

Ritual and Soxii like this.
  11. Soxii
    Saurus

Soxii Active Member

Ah, I should have clarified: I think they are rebasing them so in theory they shouldn't be squatted (I still don't entirely know at this point, I only know as much as everybody else :l ) BUT as I like both the old 8th edition and AOS, then I'm a stickler for square bases (that and the dwarf models I have currently are on square bases, so I'd like to keep the bases consistent on my armies without having to redo them) For me I have the opposite problem, in that I don't want to pay extra for squares after the range changes to round bases. (hope I've cleared that up :) )

Ritual and Seraphage like this.
  12. Aginor
    Slann

Ritual, Seraphage and Soxii like this.
  13. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Solabar and Ritual like this.