1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Do the Saurus warrior formation bonuses also apply to bite and shield attacks?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Moc-Tzen, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Moc-Tzen
    Saurus

Moc-Tzen Active Member

Hello everyone! This is my very first time posting here and I am very excited to share stuff with you.

Anyways first I have a couple of questions that have been bothering me regarding the Seraphon rules that concern the saurus warriors and summoning.

Do the saurus warriors 1+ to hit and 1+ attack also count for their bites and stardrake shields? Or only to their main weapon attack?

Also when summoning Seraphon units that do not have a specific unit number, does that mean I can summon as much as I please? In this case 30 saurus warriors or 3 salamanders? etc.. Thank you for your time.

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Not sure, I don't recall the exact wording.
    (still playing 8th eddition)

Summoning is somewhat half-baked and generally requires house rules and gentlemen's agreements to be fair.

Moc-Tzen likes this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

It says how much you can summon on the unit's scroll. I think it's 10 warriors or 20 if you roll over 11. Up to 3 salamanders. You have to look at the spell listed on the individual unit scroll. I am pretty certain the +1 is just for the weapon.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    Moc-Tzen and Crowsfoot like this.
  4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

20 warriors you get +1 to hit, 30 warriors you get+1attack as well to your melee weapon only.

If you go below the set number say 29 you would lose the +1 attack so it is always better to field more say 40

Moc-Tzen and Bowser like this.
  5. Moc-Tzen
    Saurus

Moc-Tzen Active Member

Alright! thank you for clearing this up!

Just checked the unit size thingy, it is in the summon spell on each unit's profile.
    And yes, definitely oughta put at least some 40 saurus.