1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does it matter which head I put on the Stegadon?

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Iskander, May 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

Hey folks! It's been a while. I took a step back from the hobby after last year's... changes... but now I'm back to finishing up my last few Lizardmen / Seraphon / Salamander / What-the-butts-ever models. Tonight's project is gluing my Stegadon kit, and I have a question:

The kit I have came with two different heads. One has more horns than the other, I think. Does it matter which one I use? Specifically, is one a "Stegadon," and the other an "Ancient Stegadon"? I tried searching this forum, Google, and the (WFB 8E and AoS) books, but I can't find a definitive answer. I know there's no distinction in some systems, but there might one be in others, and I wanted to get your guys' opinion before I commit.

Thanks in advance for your input! :happy:

Bowser likes this.
  2. Phoedinn
    Razordon

Phoedinn Well-Known Member

If you're with AoS then no, there is no diffrence and it is purly cosmetic. I can't speak for the other systems but I'm sure not many people would complain if you got the horns "wrong" :)

Bowser and Iskander like this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

The head was used to separate ancient Stegadon from regular Stegadon. But there is no difference for aos as there is Stegadon and engine of the gods, anf the difference there is on the Howdah.

4. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

Well, that's good enough for me. I'm going to pick the one I just like better. Thanks guys! :D

tom ndege likes this.