1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Double engine, Shadowstrike, Celestant Prime Tournament List

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Skinnyboy, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Skinnyboy
    Saurus

Skinnyboy Member

What do you guys think of the following list for tournament play, full realm rules?:

Allegiance: Seraphon
    Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Trait: Great Rememberer
    - Artefact: Incandescent Rectrices
    Engine of the Gods (220)
    Engine of the Gods (220)
    - Artefact: Doppelganger Cloak
    Skink Starpriest (80)
    Celestant-Prime (340)
    - Allies

Battleline
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    10 x Skinks (60)
    10 x Skinks (60)

Units
    9 x Ripperdactyl Riders (420)

Battalions
    Shadowstrike Starhost (180)

Total: 1960 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 1
    Allies: 340 / 400
    Wounds: 106

Debating on an aethervoid pendulum, geminids or balewind vortex for the last 40 pts

2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

The list could be interesting. It is certainly worth experimenting.

What are your aspirations with the list? The Celestant Prime shrines best on turn three. While the Shadowstrike Starhost is generally best used turn one when you have the most control over your Bloat Toad's proximity. If you are just wanting a mortal wounds mortar then I recommend putting the Celestant Prime's point towards Loard Kroak in place of a regular Slann, seeing as he can benefit from the Balewind.

3. Skinnyboy
    Saurus

Skinnyboy Member

The list is designed to be flexible while generating threat until the reserve units are used. T1 I can use the engines to throw out mortal wounds or summon rippers for screens and extra toads increasing the possible drop site for the 9 rippers. The prime will ideally be held till turn 3 to drop and kill something off an objective but again he's flexible, if I need him to do 3 mortal wounds to something T1 I'll drop him and shoot the comet. Hes also the only thing with any substantial rend in the list. The 9 rippers will probably drop T1 to kill something and hold up enemy lines but if they are forcing a disadvantagous castle they can stay in the sky, especially if I've gotten more toads.

The Balewind would be for an extra spell for summoning from turn 2. The pendulum can be a nice extra d6 mortal wounds on top of what the engines do. The geminids are all round good

If I wanted a mortal wound mortar I think A knight Incantor with the everblaze comment would be worth a look

4. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Joshua Horchler Well-Known Member

I like it a lot. Have you ever considered doing 6 rippers in the Shadowstrike and then a second unit of 3? This would give you 2 bloat toads, and it could help for turns you might want to summon Rippers instead of Skinks from the EoTGs.

I like the set up a lot because turn 1 you can castle up if you need to and summon 10-50 skinks. A similar list did well at a tournament. The player also wrote up a battle report on this forum if you're looking for his experience!

Ecozh likes this.
  5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

It should be effective. With this set-up, you probably won't suffer too much the lack of an astrolith bearer.

6. Caleb ex nihilo
    Chameleon Skink

Caleb ex nihilo Well-Known Member

I'd take the balewind vortex. Helps keep your slann alive longer and will add more conj points.

7. Lizard God of Lizard Gods
    Skink

Lizard God of Lizard Gods New Member

I think your forgetting how the toad works now, you only can set up toad in the first battle round, of the hero phase. Your stuff gets summoned on the movement phase, and your 9 rippers are not on the battlefield, so you can't place a toad. So at the moment you have no toads on the battlefield......

And you can't get more after the first batte round...

You need to read the I Toad Rage ability more closely.

So for shadowstrike now you have to have one ripper squad of 3 on the battlefield and a unit of 6 rippers in the skies to get a toad on the battlefield

P.S. Sorry if I do come across rude, but I got really salty when they changed this rule.

8. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

That's why i said in my first post to have a unit of 6 in shadow and then a unit of 3 in the field :)

9. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

it doesn't work that way.

If you place the rippers high in the sky using the shadowstrike, you still place the toad.
    It has been explicitly said in the Seraphon Designer's commentary. Cattura.JPG

Ecozh and Jatipower like this.
  10. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Bloat Toads for everyone! Merry Christmas! :)

Caleb ex nihilo likes this.