1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Double Slann Lists?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by buu, Dec 7, 2012.

1. buu
    Jungle Swarm

buu New Member

Hey, this might have a really obvious answer, but I see a lot of talk about double slann and slanns in low point battles, shouldn't the point limitations in the rulebook put a severe limitation on how many points of slann you can take?

In other words, if you're playing less than 3000 points, how do you take double slann? Much less slann with any items?

2. ADustyMan
    Saurus

ADustyMan New Member

You can double slann at 2,500, and can afford for one discipline on one of the slanns. I think you can afford the cupped hands too, if I remember off the top of my head.

If you play 2,200 you can get two slanns with no additions.

They have their places as either lore master of two lores, or 8 spells with a free power dice to each combo is a nice way to make anyone grumpy about your magic phase.

So anyways, 2,200 and up, you can have two slann.

3. buu
    Jungle Swarm

buu New Member

Thanks for the quick reply..

So as a strategy thing would you recommend going to two Slann as soon as you can squeeze them in or staying with a single megaslann with a couple of disciplines and so on?

4. ADustyMan
    Saurus

ADustyMan New Member

Its a preference thing. I prefer the single slann in the temple bunker, personally. If you have two slanns and only one in the bunker, the spent discipline is probably best on making the free floater ethereal, for better survivability. You can also double up on the same lore with lore master as it doesn't "take away" from the list for others to generate from.

I have a friend who runs two lore master heavens slanns, tetto'eko, and 3 level 2 skink priests, to comet spam in casual games.

5. Hinds
    Saurus

Hinds New Member

Whoa!

That's 4 comets a turn if you can get them off.. Crazy :) but damn that is a lot of pts spent for the magic phase - very all or nothing

6. adzaxe
    Jungle Swarm

adzaxe New Member

HI,

i have had some very good luck with running 2 slanns at 2400 one light other death

slann bsb light earthing rod extra pd per spell
    slann death sole of stone
    total 600 points

workes very well i know not to every ones cup of tea but lots of flexability this lists offers

just my 2 cent have come 1st at last 2 events i enterd with this lay out (one 16man and one 48)

7. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Congratulations on those wins. And welcome to the forum.

8. adzaxe
    Jungle Swarm

adzaxe New Member

thanks hope i can help :)

ye 2 events come very intaresting games ebded up 1st in both mainly due to the flexability 2 slanns gives you at 2400

i know people like tooling thrm up but thay are still best wizard in game without tooling up :p