1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Dracothian's Tail 2000 pts

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Jason839, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

No abilities or relics as tournaments in my area make you roll to nerf unkillable lord setups.

Slann- General

Engine of the Gods
    Salamanders x2
    Skink handlers
    Bastilidon with Solar Engine
    Stegadon with Flame Throwers

Scar-vet on Carnosaur
    Saurus knights x5 - lances, full command

Thunderquake battalion
    Firelance battalion
    Dracothian's tail battalion

2000/2000

You can't take the thunderquake in the tail but the two play nicely together

Crowsfoot likes this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

How did you go on with this list?

3. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Only so so. The more I play with the new battalions the less I like them. They are overrated in my opinion and I am unhappy with how GW balanced battalions with super high point costs. They aren't worth the 300ish pts you spend on them. They argue it's because you can make 1 drop lists and get artifacts but the artifacts they give Seraphon are pretty bad and 1 drop lists are only super effective against people who don't know what your list can do.

In the future I will drop the dracothian's tail completely as well as the firelance and just run thunderquake with skinks and support.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  4. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Well to be honest, Dracothians Tail against an experienced opponent really is just to get the extra artifact and 1drop. Cause if you don't have everything down, he ll either kill Slann or block the summoning places that would make sense.

I never liked firelance - too random for me - I ll just give it some tries to friendly games to have my knights see the table since they never do ( first experience was horrible but I also did major mistakes with them imo )