1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Dread saurian

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by El Caimán, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

He should fit if you position the back legs as far back as possible as he is only standing on one front foot that will allow you to position him slightly off centre if needed.

Bowser likes this.
  2. Grifffool
    Skink

Grifffool Member

"Great", to me, could only be judged relatively to the other monsters, and, relatively, I would say it doesn't... I'd say it doesn't match a lot of powerful heroes like that f****r Nagash, or that elf... Caradrian on frost phoenix. And dread saurian costs 32 points in SCGT, far, far more than even Kroak (25 pts), who himself is far far more than the third most expensive unit, oldblood on carno (15pts).

3. YZK
    Saurus

YZK Member

It JUST fits! :)

... On the 160mm round base, that is!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

For the few of you that don't know, in the Short Stories Thread, there's actually a story involving the Dread Saurian... (it's not mine, so this is not advertising :p)

pendrake and Bowser like this.
  5. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

So if you had the 170x105 oval there would be about 5mm to spare forward and aft?

6. YZK
    Saurus

YZK Member

I'm telling myself a week now to check this for you.
    Fingers crossed that my mind will bless me with remembrance when I get home tonight!

7. YZK
    Saurus

YZK Member

I've finally gotten around to measure with an oval base... Only to find out that I don't have a 170mm oval base, but only the 120mm ones - which it doesn't fit on.
    I facepalmed myself so hard I still have a headache!

I guess the 170x105mm is either near hit or a near miss - it'll be very tight! In my opinion you'd be better of with the 160mm round base - big creature needs a big base! It'd be a shame if you don't have enough base to decorate properly!

Bowser likes this.
  8. Gorgerak
    Cold One

Gorgerak Active Member

I used a dread saurian in a 1 day, 3 game tournmant last weekend. There's a full description of how the day went in the battle reports forum http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/worcester-war-games-tournament-22-05-16.17956/

He was beautiful - kept a mystic shield on him whenever I could, was running with a starseer so could re-roll when he messed up (which he did from time to time - but that's dice for you!)

His final kill list was:
    Engine of the gods
    Salamander
    unit of skinks
    bastiladon
    stonehorn
    gorger
    giant
    2x mournfang cav
    iron blaster
    butcher
    3x prosecutors
    5x judicators
    2x battlemages

He ate every monster I came up against!

Granted now that people know how deadly he is they will target him, but my army also contains a unit of 6x rippers and that is also a terrifying unit to face in combat so helps draw attention away from the big guy. I have found that most age of sigmar armies dont go heavy on the shooting - monsters are much more common and this guy loves facing monsters!

My army also contained a lovely little synergy with skink starpriest and a lore of beasts battle mage. The battlemage gives the dread saurian +1 to wound - so his main attacks are wounding on 2+ (re-rolling 1s against monsters) and the skink's serpent staff makes any wound roll of 6+ do double damage - that becomes a 5+ when combining with the mage's +1 and all of a sudden the big guy is kicking out on average 1 attack that does up to 2D6 damage - plus at least another 2 doing D6 damage - that's a lot of fun!

Otzi'mandias, Bowser and Killer Angel like this.
  9. YZK
    Saurus

YZK Member

Sorry or the bit of necromancy here - but I was just reading up on the Bonesplitterz rules, when I realised the Dread Saurian does not have the keyword MONSTER.
    Am I missing something, or has that not been 'errataed' yet?

Killer Angel likes this.
  10. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

o_O
    Really?
    Afaik there are no errata on it, but it's still listed as behemot