1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Dread suarian tips

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Star Dino, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Star Dino
    Skink

Star Dino New Member

I have a recently acquired Dread, which i'm still in the process of painting.

Wanted to know of there are any tips for using it.

I know it can deal a tonne o damage, but its also a big target.

Next army i face is likely chaos dwarfs, with too many mortal wounds.

Last time i played against them my carnasaur pretty much got 1 hit by two cannons dealing a combined 10 mortal wounds.

2. dinoSTARZ
    Cold One

dinoSTARZ Active Member

Well best case scenario is to kill the artillery (many use shadowstrike starhost for this type of thing) or at least tie it in combat so it can't shoot whatever it wants. However, I understand that this is often not possible. The dread saurian has a good save and it heals, AND it has 16 wounds, so even if it takes 10 mortal wounds it may be okay. That 10 mortal wounds would go onto SOMETHING! If he's shooting at your dread saurian, he's not shooting at something else, so use that other thing to mess him up

3. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

If you need to tie up cannons, or any artillery, for a turn or two then Chameleon Skinks are perfect for the job. They might even kill it.

Dreadsaurian tips in general would be to be aggressive with it. It is a huge point cost and will pretty much overkill anything it fights.

Seraphage likes this.
  4. Star Dino
    Skink

Star Dino New Member

Yeah, thanks guys. Another thing i didnt consider was that even if it does get low, i can tele it out. let it heal back up and then send him back in.

i will try chameleon skinks again but last time i used them they did 0 wounds and got 1 shot.

Feeling confident now.

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Yeah, Chameleon Skinks value isn't as assassins (although they can be). Their real value is their ability to tie big threats up for a turn. Being able to set up Anywhere on the battlefield allows you to ignore the normal distance and placement rules. You can throw them directly into combat. Forcing enemies to spend a turn shooting & or fighting them in combat.

Koriialstraz likes this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

To have the highest chances to have your DS in melee in the first turn, you should cast Curse of fate on the Beast, before teleport it with LoSaT (successful teleport on 2-3, teleport and move on 4-6)

If you roll a 2-3, the charge will happen on a roll of 8, that you can reroll with a command point, if you have a hero nearby (not so hard, given the size of the DS)
    Bonus point if you have the Hunter constellation (+1 to charge)

7. The17thYak
    Saurus

The17thYak Active Member

Also if you're Curse of Fate-ing it you can then also use the +1 to a dice in the combat phase to increase a wound roll from a 5 to a 6 and trigger the starpriest's Serpent Staff if you've popped it on Dready, a casual 12 damage o_O

ChapterAquila92 and Seraphage like this.