1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS eBay Haul - what else do I need? (1500pts)

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by razorback explorer, Nov 18, 2016.

1. razorback explorer
    Jungle Swarm

razorback explorer New Member

I just got this off eBay:

88 skinks w/ bows
    42 warriors w/ clubs
    1 old blood on foot

I am also going to be getting a bastilodon.

So far this is my whole collection.

I would like advice on how to get 1500 points from here, I would also quite like a skink themed army list.

Here's a list I made:

Old blood - 100 or skink priest -100
    20 warriors w/ clubs -200
    20 warriors w/ clubs -20
    30 skinks w/ bows - 240
    30 skinks w/ bows - 240
    Bastilodon with crystal - 300
    5 chameleon skinks - 120
    Skink star priest - 100

Buldi and Bowser like this.
  2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

OK, for future developments, every army should have some magic support, so take a Starpriest, only then you can afford the priest.
    You also need a general: if you want to push the skinks' side, convert a hero into a skink chief
    Bastiladon as anvil and shooting is perfect, but also a Stegadon could work (not as anvil): it's fast and the skink Alpha will butt other skinks
    chama won't fail you
    you you want more shooting, a couple of salamanders are always good.

as for your list... i don't know, mixing warriors and skinks fill you with battlelines, and you lose points for more precious units.
    Personally, I'd go full skinks, sacrificing those 200 pts of warriors for a skink chief and a second bastiladon, and (at that point), of course you can pick both the starpriest and the priest: the buffed bastiladons with rerollable saves will shoot as hell, acting as solid fortress, with the skinks that pepper the enemy with raining darts, while chamas take objectives.

If you go for saurus warriors, then it's the opposite: sacrifice the skinks (not the chama ones, neither the priest/s!), and insert a sunblood (or a scarvet on carno)

Seraphage and Bowser like this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Skink Chief first. Then Rippers. Get a Shadowstrike going, then find a starseer and build a Heavenswatch starhost. My big advice for skink players !

4. razorback explorer
    Jungle Swarm

razorback explorer New Member

Bowser can you explain what the heavenswatch starhost is and where to find it?

Bowser likes this.
  5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I'm not Bowser, but I suppose you don't mind... :p

Heavenswatch Starhost!

(it's basically a mainly skinks army, with a mix of some special abilities from Shadowstrike and Thunderquake)

Buldi and Bowser like this.