1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The April Poetry Contest has opened for voting! For more information, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

AoS Effective use of a Bastiladon

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Paul Beenis, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Paul Beenis
    Cold One

Paul Beenis Active Member

Hey there!

So I've been thinking lately, when fielding a bastiladon my best games I have ever had with it haven't been when it sits back and shoots, but when it's in the thick of melee combat drawing lots of fire and also shooting.

Brings me to ask this question;
    How do you guys most successfully utilise a bastiladon in its most effective form, as a tank?

Have you guys been teleporting it in to the front lines close to enemy and supporting with other units? Have you been teleporting it to the rear of the opposing army to cause havoc amongst protected troops and leaders? Have you been bunkering on their objectives? Or just simply using it in your back lines to shoot?

Reason I ask is I feel we could be getting a lot more value from bastiladons if we use them right!

Here's one of mine as a WIP

image.jpeg

Seraphage and Aginor like this.
  2. Aginor
    Skar-Veteran

Aginor Well-Known Member

Nice paint scheme!
    I mostly use mine as a shooting tank on the front line.
    But I'll try teleporting it as a snake bomb as soon as I play another game as Seraphon. Mathematically that should be quite effective.

Paul Beenis likes this.
  3. Seraphage
    Bastiladon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

The most efficient way so far is to have it as a shooting line and progresses along with the army.
    Now if the opponent has something big and scary like a maw crusha it's where it really shines. I charge it in and lock him down. BUT be careful : he definitely needs the mystic shield on him when doing that.
    At 2 games I tanked allarielle and elf dragon on charge he got annhiliated before even activasion. Since they do 3+ damage you only need to fail 3 saves which is fairly easy on 3+ !

Paul Beenis likes this.
  4. Paul Beenis
    Cold One

Paul Beenis Active Member

Cheers! Yeah the more I think about it the more potential this guy has that could be super strong in our armies. The amount of headaches a bastiladon must cause for an enemy... :p

Seraphage likes this.
  5. scubrat
    Chameleon Skink

scubrat Well-Known Member

I love them for tying up big enemies. You wanna charge your stonehorn into my saurus warrior horde? No, my bastiladon is going to keep you busy for two turns whilst they go and decimate something else.

Paul Beenis and Seraphage like this.