1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Engine of the Gods/Stegadon option

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by zubrin, Feb 6, 2019.

1. zubrin
    Saurus

zubrin Member

So, following the instructions in the book, I built my second Engine with the Arc going forward instead of a circle. It basically looks like this:

[​IMG]

However, the back of the box (not sure if it is on my box or not) suggests that the arc placement is a Stegadon build and not an Engine build.

So, my question is basically, does it matter? Would a competitive tournament with WYSIWYG rules rule that it must be a stegadon? The instructions clearly suggest it is an Engine alternative option, but I have already had one person comment that it was weird that I built my second engine like a stegadon. I haven't started painting beyond the initial primer, but I did use plastic glue, so it will be a pain to reconvert. Thanks for your feedback.

Cageyblood, Warden and LizardWizard like this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

If it doesn't have the Greatbow or the Flamethrowers than it is an EotGs. Stick the priest on it and ignore the haters:D

3. zubrin
    Saurus

zubrin Member

I did attach the flamethrowers for fun, but I plan to remove them. The priest will be firmly on there. :)

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. Cageyblood
    Temple Guard

Cageyblood Well-Known Member

I find sticking to WYSIWYG so confusing sometimes so It’s nice to know it’s not just me.

zubrin likes this.
  5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Just magnetize the flame throwers, then you can play it as both versions. :)

6. Karnus
    Ripperdactil

Karnus Well-Known Member

WYSIWYG is a stupid rule, created in an era long gone to try and squeeze more money out of people. Admittedly tournaments may get funny about it but I don't see how hard it is to make a note like "The blue one has this", by that logic you'd have to sculpt all the magic items on your hero too! heaven forbid you change thier loadout!

I have two stegadons built, one with great bow and one with blowpipes. But if I say they both have blowpipes then they both have blowpipes. simples

zubrin and Cageyblood like this.