1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enigine for painting Contest + some Saurus

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Malefus, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Malefus
    Jungle Swarm

Malefus New Member

I finished this guy for a contest at the local GW store. I finally got up the motivation to paint my first stegadon. I paint really slow, so I knew it would take me forever. I had about three and a half weeks to do it in and got about 3-4 hours sleep each night for this last week. Please forgive my poor photography skills.

Cannon%20Beach%20plus%20Stegadon%20014.JPG

Cannon%20Beach%20plus%20Stegadon%20017.JPG

I did end up winning the Large Model category. My prize... another stegadon box! Now I have three total and have to motivate myself to paint two more.

I wish I'd done the base better and hadn't sprayed matte varnish on the gold bits and as with all my models, I wish I had better constast in shading.

While I'm at it, here is a picture of some saurus I painted just before the stegadon. I have ten more about halfway completed as well.

005-1.JPG

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Wow, very cool looking steg. I like the way you have done the flesh areas. There sure is a hell of a lot of detail on those howdah... I'm not looking forward to painting them, I am a much slower painter. :p

I like the saurus too, good work. :)

3. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

I very much like the white crests on the saurus, I have always hated the saurus with red crests that GW paints.