1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS EotG, Summoning and LoSaT

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Theradul, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Theradul
    Jungle Swarm

Theradul New Member

Hi there,

i´m new to AoS, started playing Seraphon and enjoying it a lot!
    Got so much good tips and tricks so far from Lustria so thanks and keep it up!
    But i got some questions open that i couldn´t find or i am to dumb to find.

1. The EotG last abbility says 18+ so is there a way to get a result over 18? Does it stack with +1 on Casting rolls?
    2. Summoning with the Balewind Vortex and/or the Astrolith Bearer. Does the Summoning of the Engine or the Slann Summon count as spells if yes does it expend the range?
    3. If i Teleport a Unit it needs to stay away 9. So is it exactly 9 or more then 9 do i need to roll a 10 or 9 to make the Charge Roll?
    4. I have read many comments on the double Teleport 1-2 No move/charge overwritten by 5-6 can move/charge. Is there a final decision somewhere to be found or how do they play it on tournaments?

Thanks in advance for the reply and i hope i can add some Questions whenever new ones pop up!

Greets

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome to Lustria!

1) It can not stack over 18. 18+ is a result of the old language system used in GW rule's text.

2)The BwV and Astrolith do not increase the range for summoning with the EotGs or the CCp as they do not count as spells.

3) 9" will be a successful charge because charges need to end with 1/2".

4) If you roll a 1-2 then you can not move or charge with the unit.

I hope this was helpful.

Imrahil and Aginor like this.
  3. Blitzkriyg
    Temple Guard

Blitzkriyg Well-Known Member

I think he meant that if you roll a 1 or 2 and then teleport the unit again and roll a 5 or 6,does it overwrite the 1 or 2 so you can move, which there is no official answer to

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Correct. I understood his question. And the answer is they can not move or charge later in the turn. At best, an argument could be made that the unit would be able to move in the movement phase. However, the can not charge condition would still be in effect.

5. Blitzkriyg
    Temple Guard

Blitzkriyg Well-Known Member

I'd disagree, I'm in the camp of the second attempt over writes the first, that's why we need clarification

LizardWizard likes this.
  6. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

The way conditions work in AoS means they can not charge. If two rules create opposing conditions then the player who applied the affects gets to choose which affect is applied. So at best they would be able to move, but there is nothing to cleanse the can not charge status.

This could be outside of RAI. And it might get an Errata.

Imrahil likes this.
  7. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Agreed. I'ts the most sensible reading and the one i use too.

It can still be very useful, as (even without the charge) you can shoot and occupy an objective (razordons, bastiladon…)

LizardWizard likes this.
  8. Theradul
    Jungle Swarm

Theradul New Member

Thanks for the answers so far!
    I have some new ones that popped up and it would be nice if you could help me out ... again :)

1. I watched some BattleReports where Seraphon player slammed in the standard of the Astrolith Baerrer but i couldnt find the Rule. Has it something to do with the Totem Keyword? Is it an old Rule or am i just blind.

2. The Buff of the Thunderquake: is it active at the start of the battleround or later in the Charge Phase where i can change the Buff.

3. Are you abel to block a path with an Endless spell like the Chalice of FEC. Does the 3' apply after the Move or can i be in Base Contact?

4. The EoTG ability 6-9 where you throw out D6 mortal wounds. Does it need sight of the target? It is stated that it shoots out of the Engine but not that you need sight which is specific noted at most of the Spells. How do you play it?

I hope not all questions are too dumb and you can help me out!

Greetz

LizardWizard likes this.
  9. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

It is basically an old rule. In earlier editions of AoS the Astrolith Bearer had to decide whether to move or not, planting the standard prevented moving. It doesn't do that anymore so you always plant the standard and move anyway.

It becomes active in the first charge phase, you choose, and then it stays that way until you change it again.

Yes, endless spells are models so they block movements. They aren't enemy models though, so you don't have to stay away 3" from them in the movement phase, and you cannot charge or attack them.

If it doesn't say that it needs line of sight, then it doesn't need it. All abilities that need line of sight tell you so. :)

10. Theradul
    Jungle Swarm

Theradul New Member

Thank you Sir!

Aginor and LizardWizard like this.