1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Escalation League Advice - To Slann or not to Slann...

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Abyrn, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Abyrn
    Skink

Abyrn Member

I'm joining an escalation league at my local GW store and I'm looking for advice. I asked the manager and he said that we can add 2 units per week to the roster but we cannot change units. So, since I want a Slann to be at the center of my list, I'm wondering if I should start with it at 500pts or wait until I can back him up with some proper screens.

I'd also like some advice on what Realm Artifacts are good for a Slann or a Skink Starpriest.

The two lists I am considering are:

1x Slann Starmaster
    30x Skinks with Boltspitters/Star Bucklers
    10x Skinks with Javelins/Star Bucklers

or:

1x Skink Starpriest
    30x Skinks with Boltspitters/Star Bucklers
    10x Saurus Warriors with Celestite Spears
    3x Ripperdactyl Riders

Which list would be a better start for an escalation league? I also have a Bastilodon, 5 Saurus Knights, a Troglodon/Carnosaur (and Oldblood on foot), and an Astrolith Bearer build aside from what is on both lists, and have 6 more Riperdactyls/Terradons, 2 more Troglodon/Carnosaurs, 1 more Bastilodon, 30 more Skinks, 10 more Saurus Knights, 10 more Saurus Warriors, and a Scar Veteran on Cold One on sprues. I've been trying to get an Engine of the Gods but it's always out of stock online when I look for it :/

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

I would start with the second list.

Ulgu has the best artifacts of the realms. At least if you start running battalions and are looking to equip multiple artifacts.

3. Colossal Marlin
    Skink

Colossal Marlin Member

At 500pts you could run a shadowstrike host with Terradons instead of Ripperdactyls, I'm not sure how much of a loss in damage you will see, but you could have Terradons in your opponents face very quickly and sunleach bolas have potential.

Skink Starpriest w/ Master of Star Rituals, Gryph-feather Charm (80)

2x 10 Skink w/ spitters and shields (120)

3 Terradons w/ Sunleach Bolas (120)

Shadowstrike Starhost (180)

Edit: added 500pt list

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Insert the Slann later. At 500 pts it's a massive investment

5. Abyrn
    Skink

Abyrn Member

Thanks for the response, I think I will go for the second list then. I like the idea of the Shadowstrike force but at 500pts leaves me with a very high risk scenario.. if the Terradon Riders fail to connect then I will almost surely lose the game, with only 20 skinks as backup.

LizardWizard likes this.