1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Escalation league lists

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by ILKAIN, Jul 6, 2018.

1. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

I have an escalation league starting on the 10th. 5 weeks with a TBA tournament style conclusion, and I'm looking for some feedback (positive or negative with recommendations) with my lists.

expected opponents are:
    Idoneth Deepkin
    Daughters of Khaine
    Death
    Death
    Death
    SCE

Army comp rules by week:

Week 1 : 500 pts, Vanguard rules (no named, no behemoths, no allies)
    Week 2 : 1000 pts Vanguard rules (no named character greater than 250 pts, no allies)
    Week 3 : 1500 pts Vanguard rules (Malign Sorcery allowed)
    Week 4 : 1500 pts Battlehost rules (Malign Sorcery allowed)
    Week 5 : 2000 pts Battlehost rules (Malign Sorcery allowed)

For Week 1 I was thinking of running either a summoning list or a Saurus list:

1x Slann Starmaster (General, Vast Intellect, Incandescent Rectrices) 260
    5x Guard 90
    5x Guard 90

440 pts, +1 command point

1x Saurus Sunblood (Blade of realities) 120
    1x Skink Priest (General, Nimble, feather cloak) 80
    20x Warriors (clubs) 200
    10X Warriors (spears) 100

500 pts,

There is a possibility of week one only requiring 1+ battleline, if this is the case, the Saurus list will combine the two warrior units and the summoning list will run 10 skinks and an Astrolith bearer instead of the two guard units. I figured if i needed 2+ i could use the versatility of the extra command point on anything i summoned that had a command ability

***EDIT*** 2+ battle lines for week one is confirmed.

I have ZERO skinks currently available (going to proxy 10x chamleon skinks as regular ones for the alternative summoning list, the skinks are ordered and will be built post haste, 3 boxes worth!) hence the summoning list using elite guard instead of massive skink screening for the slann.

***EDIT*** Skinks are in getting ready to build them, Whats the best weapon combination for them? blowpipes and shields?

Thoughts?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I think the Slann+10xGuard list is extremely dangerous to play.
    If someone reaches your lines quickly they can shut down your summoning, and Guards without an Eternity Warden or a bataillon are way more squishy than they sound like.
    You have only 17 wounds on the table. At 500 points a Death army (if they go Deathrattle for example) might throw 50 Skeletons at you.
    On the other hand: If they don't reach you (or sit on all objectives) in turn one then you will probably outlast them because you can summon.

Not saying that it can't work but it does look dangerous to me.

ILKAIN likes this.
  3. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

@Aginor what would you think of changing the summoning list to:

260 1x Slann (General, Vast Intellect, Incandescent Rectrices)
    100 10x Warriors (spears)
    100 10x Warriors (clubs)
    40 3x Skink Handlers

500 total

would give me handlers to buff summoned Razzy/sally's , 30 wounds before summoning. and more bodies between the slann than the 2 guard units.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  4. Aginor
    Slann

I assume you mean Warriors, not Guard there? Because 10 Guard are 180 points.

10 Warriors tend to not do much, but since they are only meant as a wounds buffer I think that might work.

ILKAIN likes this.
  5. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

I did mean warriors lol my bad fixed it. would you have a recommendation for a 500 list?

6. Aginor
    Slann

I am a Skink type of guy, so...
    Starpriest, Priest and 50 Skinks for 460 points.

Or if you want to be "that guy":
    Slann, Starpriest, 20 Skinks and an endless spell (BWV for example) for 40 points.
    Then summon in round1 so you can basically make it 700 points in no time.

7. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Endless spells will not be authorized until week 3 (considered Malign sorcery for the intent of the league)

there has been an update, apparently they are releasing a set mission for each week, and week one is First Blood (page 237 new core rule book). because I can win even if I'm tabled, as long as I inflict more wounds than my opponent does, I'm looking at this list.....it's definitely a "that guy" list though lol:

1x Skink StarPriest (General, Nimble, Incandescent rectrices) 80
    10x Skinks (Blowpipes, shields) 60
    10x Skinks (Javelins, Clubs) 60
    3x Terradon riders 120

Shadow strike 180

with only 33 wounds, as soon as I inflict 34 wounds, even if I get tabled I win. basically have to make that alpha strike with the 'dons!. I would have gone rippers, but that would have been 520... additionally with one drop and the popular opinion that battalions are a bad idea at 500 (due to reducing the wound count but that's kinda the strategy here lol) I should always be going first.

thoughts?

8. Aginor
    Slann

If the enemy plays some big group of guys that you can demolish in turn 1 that could work well I guess.
    If you don't succed in that though... hard to tell.

ILKAIN likes this.
  9. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Only one way to find out :) ill post the report, either doing the fist match tonight or Thursday depending on my opponents schedule.