1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Eternal Starhost 2K List Idea

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Lykiaos, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Lykiaos
    Skink

Lykiaos New Member

Hey All!

I know there is a lot of excitement for our new summoning mechanic (yay!) but I am trying to go a more magic minded route. With the changes to dispell I see our Sarus Guard getting a little stronger (less chances to melt on Mortals) So I built up a list with that in mind.

Leaders

Lord Kroak-
    4 spells, and a lot of damage from them (Either Arcane Might or Great Rememberer)

Skink Starpriest
    (With Kroak I can cast 5 spells a round)

Skink Priest
    (Reroll saves/runs/charges, just extra synergy)

Saurus Astrolith Bearer
    (Help Kroak cast his spells + with LOSAT (is that the abbreviation?) I can be sneaky and warp him up to a fight and give the guard a bonus

Saurus Eternity Warden (With the starhost it gives my Guard 2+ save (Warden + starhost), rerolling 1's with priest or shield. If I am holding an objective and stand still d3 damage at -1 rend is nothing to sneeze at- it's conditional admittedly. Synergizes with kroak as well.

Battle Line

x5 Guard

x5 Guard

x5 Guard

Units

Bastilidon with a solar engine

x5 Chamelon

x5 Chamelon (The basti + these guys make an impressive strike force. I have been warping in the basti and revealing the skinks, it has allowed me to take out usually the scariest part of my enemies army)

x3 Terradon riders- Sunleech bolas (Ok, admittedly, I have these in my collection, and they look cool--- that's all I got on these. I would be happy to hear a better idea. The only defense I have for using them is they move quickly and can help cap objectives.

The idea is fairly simple- capture objectives with the guard, keep the warden by a guard or warp him where he needs most. Use the Skinks and Basti to start harassing the important components of the enemy. Smite the enemy with Kroak spells. Skink Starpriest cheers in the background ...

Any suggestions are welcome!

Any idea on the new spells I should use? Admittedly my army's background is shyish based (I'll spare you my fluff details) so I was considering using the purple sun for flavor. *EDIT* I realize they now cost points (duhhhh) So I am thinking of dropping the riders for some spells.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  2. Xasto
    Terradon

Xasto Well-Known Member

Kroak can't take command traits as he's a named character!

3. Lykiaos
    Skink

Lykiaos New Member

Oh no!

Thank you so much for that catch- I appreciate that! I still think Kroak is worth it?

4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

The only thing that is really scary for that list is enemies that can dish out a good amount of mortal wounds.
    But yeah, it works, and Kroak is still a beast, even without artefacts and command abilities.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  5. Lykiaos
    Skink

Lykiaos New Member

Which Hero would you recommend as my general then? Forgive me I am relatively new to playing the game (I've been hobbying for about a year now) is that how it works? Can Kroak just be a guy?

My hope is that with the new rules for dispelling (Korak is a slann so does he get the anywhere on the battlefield ability?) I can minimize some of the Mortal wounds coming my way. But I agree anything up close and personal with MW's is going to hurt.

6. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Make the Warden your general then he can take a defensive artefact.

7. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Yes, Kroak can either be your general or not, and since the new edition he can use his command ability in both cases.
    If he is yyour general you cannot pick a command trait or artefact for him (because he is a named hero) but otherwise he works the same as any other general.
    You might want to make any of your other heroes your general so he can profit from a command trait, except if you want to summon. If you want to summon stuff, then a Slann (normal one or Kroak) must be the general.

8. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

If you do it this way, Kroak can cast in 2 extra spells per round

Allegiance: Seraphon

Leaders
    Lord Kroak (450)
    Saurus Eternity Warden (140)
    - General
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
    Skink Priest (80)
    - Priestly Trappings