1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Eternal Starhost rule

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by General Grivious, May 11, 2019.

1. General Grivious
    Saurus

General Grivious Member

Hi seraphon lovers
    Im playing against Ironjaws and i am using Eternal Starhost Batallion... He got turn 1 and charge me : Question: the D3 damage of battalion is aplicable? Because he say that i dont have movement and charge the bonus is not effective, but i tell him that i didn t move so...???
    Thx for answear

2. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

I believe the wording is “If a unit of Saurus Guard from an Eternal Starhost does not move in its movement phase or charge phase, its Celestite Polearms have a damage characteristic of D3 in the following combat phase”.

Because of that, I believe it’s only applicable during your turn I’m afraid.

Chico likes this.
  3. Chico
    Skink

Chico New Member

I agree with ravagekitteh.
    The D3 damage requires you to forego movement in your movement phase.

4. General Grivious
    Saurus

General Grivious Member

Okay! Thx you very much, so i try yesterday the Eternal Starhost Battalion against Iron Jaws..... He had a special Battalion with a lot of Ardboys and when i killed the unit, they come back in 6" of any border of the table XD I did not expect that and even less that they cherge me Turn 1 moving so far....
    It was very funny! I win because i use doble TP with my slann and summon a loooot of skinks to grab objectives but i didn't like the Battalion Eternal Starhost...this requires to be very close of Your Hero (Eternity Warden) and not moove :c (but it was so funny when i kill all unit of Brutes with the command ability of Scar veteran on C in my unit of Saurus Guard who was close of my Astrolith and Eternity XD)...
    I think the best battalion for us is Shadowstrike...for SURPRISEEEE!!! with that killing the warchanter of battalion, the ardboys didnt comme back :v

ILKAIN and Crowsfoot like this.
  5. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

indeed you are correct. while I love the concept of the guard and they could be amazing with a minor tweak or an extra wound, they are currently not worth it for anything that can do mortal wounds at all. the Shadowstrike is, however, a very strong battalion in which you can almost pick any unit and delete it off the table.... but it requires you to be able to determine what unit is best for that because the fight back is prolly going to wipe the rippers out.