1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Faction Focus is Up!

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Xlanax_lot, May 29, 2018.

1. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

He also only debuufs 1 bravery now instead of 2, and buffs your own skinks' bravery by one, which he didn't before.

2. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Joshua Horchler Well-Known Member

Umm so with Serpent staff the bite has the potential to do 12, 10 or 8 damage. Low rend but still. YIKES.

Wazz likes this.
  3. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

I'd have to practice before the game saying, "Yes sir, that's correct, one bite did 12 dmg." haha

Wazz likes this.
  4. Hu3pfka3s3
    Saurus

Hu3pfka3s3 Member

I rly dont like the fact my Dread Saurian now has 1 jaw attack less, and sooo much less rend :( Same feeling with the healing only in our hero phase, but its kinda awesome together with the Starpriest, might play him now only together with the Starseer too, to make sure the jaw attacks will wound enemy, or to let my enemy reroll their saves. Point increase from 380 to 420, kinda dont get it but yeah, thats life^^

Wazz likes this.
  5. Aginor
    Slann

If you fully buff the Dread Saurian the chance for massive damage isn't even that low. Curse of Fates for +1, rerolls by the Astrolith, Serpent Staff, and reduce enemy saves by one using Curse of Rust from the Chamon spells.

Wazz likes this.
  6. skipperyoss
    Cold One

skipperyoss Active Member

Flat damage is great, -1 rend is pretty dumb though. He did get a tail attack and his claws were massively improved. Hitting on 3s and -2 rend on 10 attacks is wonderful. I wish they had kept the -3 rend and just made him cost more points honestly. I'll still field mine, I love the model and I can summon him for free if I ever want too.

7. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

at lest it won't face enemies buffed with +1 from mystic shield…

Joshua Horchler and Wazz like this.
  8. skipperyoss
    Cold One

skipperyoss Active Member

Yeah for sure

9. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

The rend decrease does suck, but look at how they normalized all of the dmg. Before it was all D6's and your big beastie, even buffed up, could do very little if you had bad luck. I think it is much stronger in terms of consistency and expected dmg output. Take for example 8-10 wounds. Before you were rolling a D3. Now you get 4. Huge buff. Same for the claws. Hitting on 3's rerolling 1's against monsters is always a big buff.

I bet if someone did the math against different save values, the new one would do more dmg. But I could be wrong, maybe one less Jaw attach does hurt more, but I think the new one is much better after taking dmg.

10. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

So we confirmed the new points at 420? I think a lot of the big baddies went up in price this edition right?

11. Aginor
    Slann

Some also went down, Gordrakk for example. Or our Oldblood on Carno.

Joshua Horchler likes this.
  12. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

I take it back. It some ways it's a big nerf to the jaws. Against a armor 3 monster, you now have a 34% chance to do 0 dmg with your jaws. That excludes any buffs to the enemy.

That being said, you do a lot more dmg when it goes through, but I would say you would need curse of fates up as much as possible. 34% chance to do 0 dmg on your best attack kind of sucks. Luckily some of it is made up by the improved claws and new tail attack. It might sort of end up being the same damage most of the time, but it has a much better chance of doing insane dmg than before.

13. Hu3pfka3s3
    Saurus

Hu3pfka3s3 Member

i did it and yeah, in general the new one will deal more dmg, still a little bit sad about loosing the only rend -3 in our army.

14. Hu3pfka3s3
    Saurus

Hu3pfka3s3 Member

In the end my Dread Saurian was always the one thing in my army i buffed to a powerlevel over 9000, not necessary for me to talk about an unbuffed one^^

Wazz likes this.
  15. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Yeah if you can lower that percent chance to do 0 dmg with buffs, overall everyone will be happy with the amount of snacking you will do

16. Axquirix
    Cold One

Axquirix Active Member

Reading through this, I love the image of a Dread Saurian tearing through enemy ranks with a bit attack that can one-shot dragons, and a Starpriest following it laughing like a child with a new favourite toy.

Hu3pfka3s3, Crowsfoot and Dr Kaos like this.
  17. HolySalad
    Skink

HolySalad Member

Anyone know when the digital download of the GHB will be available, says server not found atm?

18. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

19. HolySalad
    Skink

HolySalad Member

Yeh, I'll keep trying

20. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

Any update on the bloodclaw starhost? My app hasn't updated my battalions yet.