1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Fangs of Sotek

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by crazyeye45, Jan 28, 2018.

1. crazyeye45
    Skink

crazyeye45 Member

Alright, I ran a list that seems pretty good, except against night haunts. It's a 2k fangs of soteks battalion with warrior spam.

Leaders
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General - The Great Rememberer
    -Artifact - Zoetic Dial
    Old Blood on Carno (280)
    - Artefact : Coronal Shield
    Saurus Sunblood (160)
    - Artefact : Blade of Realities

Units
    40 x Warriors (360)
    -Spears & Star Bucklers
    40 x Warriors (360)
    -Spears & Star Bucklers
    40 x Warriors (360)
    -Spears & Star Bucklers

Battalions
    Sunclaw Star host (160)
    Fangs of Sotek (100)

Reinforcement Points (0)
    Total: 1970 / 2000
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Leaders: 3/6 Battlelines: 3 (3+) Behemoths: 0/4 Artillery: 0/4

The warriors did work, was able to hold down objectives and slowly beat down 2 mourn ghouls. With the battalions and numbers, they are getting +1 to hits, 2 attacks with their weapons and bites, and -1 rend to their weapons that would deal 2 dmg to chaos daemons.

Is there any changes you guys would do?

*Edit/Update* So i dropped one of the units down to 30 warriors and picked up a skink starpriest. I am going to be testing this list against Tzeentch list tomorrow and will post a battle report

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Seraphage and Buldi like this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Oh dear! How did you even find enough space on the table to put 120 (!!!) Saurus Warriors there?
    Pretty epic!

I can imagine putting a few less Saurus there though and instead add a Starpriest to get those buffs. Both Starlight and Serpent Staff are good to buff Saurus.

But you have LOADS of wounds on the table which is quite good against many armies right now.

Buldi likes this.
  3. crazyeye45
    Skink

crazyeye45 Member

It was rough but with all meta at my store i have to run heavy troops. I thought about dropping one down to get the starlight. Like I said, the nighthaunts are a problem when they put mournghouls on top of the objectives

4. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

I like the idea but 3 main problems :

1. What do you do against shooting armies ?
    2. Elite armies : 2+ rerollable from the Poster boys ? :p
    3. How do you threaten opponents that have meatshields in front of important units? I cannot see any way that we could with this ?

5. Aginor
    Slann

I think #1 could be mitigated by teleporting a 40xSaurus unit right in front (er even better: behind) of the enemy, using that to put some pressure on the opponent. He basically has to shoot that unit or get swarmed a turn later

#2 is a problem. I think that list is way better in not dying than in killing. The Oldblood, Sunblood and Slann (using arcane bolt) or maybe a Starpriest if he drops some Warriors can help a bit.

#3 hmmmm..... I think the only ways are to either break through the meat shields by dumping loads of Saurus on them, or to teleport around if possible.

6. jaggred
    Skink

jaggred New Member

I have question when use Fangs of Sotek ur Slann and Oldblood will be named hero (zetoca Ku-quaru) can u use artefact and genrals trait for them?

7. Aginor
    Slann

Despite having a fluff name those two are still not named characters for the purpose of artefacts and traits. You can use both traits and artefacts on them.

8. crazyeye45
    Skink

crazyeye45 Member

The list is scary but the battle didn't go in my favor. I played against a Tzeentch change host army with all the goodies, 2 lords of change, blue scribes, gaunt summoner, blobs of horrors, and a greater demon.

We did an open war battle, and the deployment was not in my favor. I had a 24 in diameter circle in the middle and he had the corners. We both one dropped but he had first turn.

His first turn he just dumped all of his magic into the old blood and star priest taking them both out. Then he wiped half over half of my warriors. There was nothing I could do. We both agreed that had it been a different deportment, I would have had a better chance.

9. Aginor
    Slann

Yeah sometimes you just have no chance, especially against one of the top tier armies.

10. crazyeye45
    Skink

crazyeye45 Member

Yea, once i got into combat it was brutal for him but the problem was getting there. Not to mention that he took out two of my leaders