1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite beer?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by thereal87, Dec 22, 2009.

1. thereal87
    Saurus

thereal87 New Member

OK, the description of this forum calls for us to grab a beer. What is your favorite beer to grab for?

Mine for sure has to be Arrogant Basatrd Ale. I am, after all, an arrogant bastard!

2. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

I'm pretty changeable when it comes to drinks. If I'm buying some beers for the fridge then my fave is Carlsberg export. Otherwise I like Carling top. Although sometimes I'll go for a real ale or a Guinness

3. bradsul
    Skink

bradsul New Member

English dark mild is my favourite style, hands down. Followed up closely by bitter.

Edit: If we're talking commercial beer, definitely St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout.

4. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Deathfrisbee2000 New Member

Fat Tire! A microbrew made in Colorado. Due to some dumb trade/marketing law I don't fully understand, it wasn't allowed in my state (South Dakota) until just this last spring. Before then we had to do the stereotypical beer-run into Wyoming (but driving 2 hours for this beer was worth it).

--DF2K

5. msinosic
    Kroxigor

msinosic New Member

Knappstein Reserve Lager

6. thereal87
    Saurus

thereal87 New Member

If we're sharing labels now...

Front label of Arrogant Bastard Ale

From the back of the label on Arrogant Bastard Ale

7. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Heh, that sounds like a fun drink.

I like Toohey's Extra Dry, Coopers Lager and a couple others but I'm not really a big beer drinker. I go more for spirits.

8. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

Hertog Jan....(it's dutch)

How do you guys feel about Heineken?
    I think it's not that good (understatement!), but a lot of foreigners think it's the best beer in the world...

I mostly like beer in large quantaties though, makes pretty much every beer taste good :D

The Hunted

9. Khakorlot
    Saurus

Khakorlot New Member

I'm a Fosters/Budweiser/Heineken fan really, though i'm not a heavy drinker; i'll have one if it's there and i'll make it last me all night, whether it likes it or not :p

Favourite beer? Gotta be Budweiser.

10. Starblayde
    Skink

Starblayde New Member

I'm picky with my lagers, so Budweiser, Grolsch, Stella, Carling, etc can all take a running jump for being water + yellow. Tiger (a Thai beer) is probably my favourite lager, with whatever I was served in the Czech Republic coming joint-top of the list, too.

Failing that, Carlsberg or Heineken will do in a pinch. I was also a big Newcastle Brown Ale drinker while at University (hard not to be with lots of Geordie mates!).

11. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

Rauchbier!
    its german smoked black beer. its AWESOME. its black beer that leaves a nice smoekd meat taste in your mouth after every sip.
    too bad there is none in romania, actually it can only be found in a small region in germany :(. next time i'm there i'll bring home 15 l to last for a while :D

12. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

There's a brewery here in Edmonton for this stuff called Alley Kat Ale. It's pretty good, and really cheap!