1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Star Wars films and Characters?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl, Apr 27, 2017.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Great minds think alike!

Wow... you really don't like the Force Awakens. (comparatively of course)

Too bad he is the poster boy of the species.

Bowser likes this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Depends how the plot goes with The Last Jedi at the moment it just feels disjointed.

NIGHTBRINGER and Bowser like this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

We shall see. I for one am super excited about The Last Jedi. I'm expecting great things!

n810, Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Me too, can't wait.

Bowser and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Exactly @Bowser - Jar Jar was an outcast - the other Gungans threw him out because he caused so much trouble in their society. Most people automatically associate the rest of the Gungans with Jar Jar and say they're awful, but remember that they have shieldwalls and catapults and shield generators and cavalry and all sorts. They held up the more-advanced droid army for ages because they were good soldiers. They could beat the Ewoks at any rate in a fight.

Certainly Captain Tarpals is a much better representative of the Gungan people. Here is a link to a picture of him:

https://goo.gl/images/b9LjD0

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    Crowsfoot, Bowser and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  6. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Captain Tarpals is
    such a better character.
    [​IMG]
    Would have been a better movie if they had picked up
    C3PO as the comic relief half way though the first move
    and left Jar-Jar behind for most of the rest of the prequels.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

What bothers me most about the prequels is that I didn't get to see Jar Jar square off against Darth Vader. If anything was to push Anakin over the edge, it should have been Jar Jar. I also would have happily settled with Sidious vs. Jar Jar. Missed opportunities.

8. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Well Palpatine did trick Jar-Jar into nominating him as Emperor.
    So clearly he was a tool for Evil.

Bowser likes this.
  9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Jar Jar is most definitely a tool.

I think he has outlived his usefulness though.

n810 and Bowser like this.
  10. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Not so - Padme was the one to call the vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum, the previous chancellor (played by Terence Stamp), which paved the way for Palpatine in the first place. Jar Jar would probably have given out emergency powers if Valorum had been chancellor anyway - if it wasn't for Padme Valoruym would have used the clones for good and probably saved the Republic. Padme was the main tool - you even see Sidious constantly influencing her with the Force in the Phantom Menace senate scene, as below in Figure 1:

Figure 1 - Sidious influencing Padme
    [​IMG]
    Really it was Palpatine all along - he engineered the Separatist crisis to get the Republic to nominate him to be Supreme Chancellor and then he could cause as much trouble as possible. The Separatists were all tools as well - once Anakin had become Darth Vader and Palpatine had executed Order 66, the Separatists were no longer needed.

The reason Jar Jar gave the emergency powers was because he was under pressure - Padme gave him the responsibility of being senator for Naboo after she resigned (not the wisest move ever), and when Palpatine's aide (the blue chap in Figure 2) says "If only Senator Amidala were here", that pressures Jar Jar into trying to keep up the good work that Padme did, as in Figure 3.

Figure 2: "If only...Senator Amidala were here." - Palpatine's aide (left), probably being influenced by Palpatine as well (right)
    [​IMG]

Figure 3 - Poor old Jar Jar feeling as though he must continue Padme's work
    [​IMG]

If anything, Palpatine was taking advantage of Jar Jar's friendly nature and lack of intelligence to get him to give him the power he needed. Poor old Jar Jar got the blame for everything when in fact there was nothing that could be done to stop Palpatine once he had become Supreme Chancellor - once that had happened, it was all over already really. So leave off the hate on Jar Jar.

Nevertheless, I do still believe Captain Tarpals is a better representative of the Gungans - he has a heroic last stand against General Grievous, as shown below:
    [​IMG]
    While he does sadly die in the end, it took real courage to fight a cyborg with 4 arms - only Obi-Wan also showed such bravery. Captain Tarpals will always be a legend in my book.

n810, Warden, Bowser and 1 other person like this.
  11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Others did so as well... it just didn't end very well for them.

Bowser likes this.
  12. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Like poor old Captain Tarpals. What a legend!

Yes the Last Jedi does look better than Force Awakens - I especially liked the space battle part - that does look epic

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    Bowser likes this.
  13. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Definitely Captain Kirk. :vulcan:

captainkirk.jpg

...that aside I loved the original Star Wars the best as a kid (New Hope), and though I didn't like episodes 1-3 that much, their graphics were great, and Darth Maul was awesome.

Also thoroughly enjoyed Rogue One. This character was my favorite by far, reminds me of what would have happened if you stuck someone like Bruce Lee into the Star Wars universe (can you imagine him with a lightsaber :greedy:)

001 one with the force.png

I never saw this in the movies... Interesting pic!

14. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

images (2).jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    Hk 47 still the best character.

15. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

That's because it isn't from the films - it's from the Clone Wars animated series, specifically the episode 'Shadow Warrior' where the Droid army tries to invade Naboo again and an evil Gungan sorcerer tries to manipulate the new Gungan Boss. It's one of the better episodes of the series, I find.

Yes Chirrut is one of my faves too - I was willing him to survive and was quite sad to see him die. I'm actually rewriting A New Hope to star the Rogue One characters, and in it I'm going to have Chirrut discuss the Force with old Obi-Wan. And I would imagine he would boss everyone with a lightsaber. He would certainly beat Rey hands down in a staff fight.

Live Long and Prosper @Warden
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    NIGHTBRINGER and Bowser like this.
  16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Not for long. Her force potential seems far greater.

Bowser likes this.
  17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Bowser likes this.
  18. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

But Chirrut is blind - think about it, I have heard those who are blind have their other senses amplified to compensate for their loss of sight - with Chirrut this probably included his Force-sensitivity. How else could he have dodged so many Stormtrooper shots? Mind that I'm talking about Rey without Anakin's lightsaber - just her quarterstaff. Chirrut would be able to hit her several times around the face really quickly and she would be down before she could even wield her heavy metal staff properly. And if she did somehow beat him Baze would then shoot her to pieces because she defeated his best friend

Bowser likes this.
  19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

There are a couple of key things to remember when it comes to Rey:
    • she is still young
    • she is pretty much untrained (but will soon receive training from Jedi Grandmaster Luke Skywalker himself)
    • her rate of progression with the force is staggering, in that without any significant training, she was able to successfully implement a Jedi mind trick, display masterclass flying with the Millennium Falcon (think of young Anakin), resist and reverse Kylo's mind probe and defeat (an admittedly injured) Kylo in a lightsaber duel

She will pass him in ability very soon. Can he beat her?... not for long.

Bowser likes this.
  20. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Just saying, HK 47 would take them both out!