1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9th Age Feel free to ask questions here

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Pinktaco, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Kurare
    Skink

Kurare New Member

My combo: luky shield,starfall shard,wizad hood,halberd.
    In the frist battke: Killed 2 hidras,the altar of lust, and make flee a swordsman unit.
    For me the T-rex is just awersome as it is!
    Give it a try!

2. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

Xlanax_lot Well-Known Member

Sorry about this question but I am being a little bit slow understanding this rules. Let me know if this two points are correct or if I am missing something:

1. Monstrous Beast ridden by a character becomes a monstrous cavalry with combined profile so it benefits from everything. That is, it gets both armor save bonuses from armors and ridden protection as well as all effects from magic items and you always use the the best WS, T, W

2. This is where my biggest confusion comes from specially when determining the saves. So a ridden monster has to always use their inate defence and you ignore any equipment of the rider for saves purposes. That is true unless the rider has a magical item that says it affects Bearer's model, this is where my confusion comes because to me it is clear that you would get the effects of the magic armor ( such as regen and ward saves), however yould you also get the efect for the mundane part? Eg. A riden alpha carnosaur with Force shield sould have a 2+ 5++ (for the shield bonus) or a 3+ 5++?

3. Haemoglobin
    Ripperdactil

Haemoglobin 9th Age Army Support

Nope, basically only the effect transfers. The mount has an innate save that cannot be improved by armour that the character has. Items that have a "bearers model"can be used on the ridden monster models. For instance our starfall shard.

4. Witchking_of_Lustria
    Skink

Witchking_of_Lustria New Member

Could anyone help me finding the rules of the 9th age? If I like them I'll probably start playing them. Thank :D

5. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

http://www.the-ninth-age.com

6. Witchking_of_Lustria
    Skink

Witchking_of_Lustria New Member

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Does anyone know if the Hellscream Cannon (a.k.a. hellcannon) can move and fire?

Warmachines are burdened with the "move or fire" special rule, but the Hellscream cannon's troop type is categorized as a monster. Although its ranged attack is listed as an Artillery Weapon, I can't find any reference that would state that it is a warmachine.