1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finecast

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by langaandy, May 26, 2011.

1. langaandy
    Skink

langaandy New Member

The stupid part is if i bought Kroq gar finecast from england and didnt have to pay for shipping it would cost me the same as a non finecast kroq gar in oz. a saving of $20.

I have a reasonably well paying job but i still cant go out everyfew weeks and spend that kind of money on a single model(which is what will happen as they will phase out metal and everything will rise in price). I have other things i need to spend my money on.

This will just lose them customers

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

You know whats really good about Aus prices? You can buy the new ForgeWorld siege giant kit that is a full plastic giant model and extra resin parts if you want it chaos dwarf for about $20 cheaper than buying just the plastic giant in Aus stores. Its insane.

Also, how does Archaon (one guy on a horse) cost $83, thats the same as a High Elf dragon!

3. dictator
    Cold One

dictator New Member

I'm sure the research guys figured out the actual price someone is willing to pay. What I would still liketo know is why? Is it because there are more young kids playing? Kids in turn use their parents money and they aren't encumbered by school debt, taxes, gas prices, keeping the electricity on, etc. I believe that gw is smart, they know who buys the most models and who is willing to pay. Hats off to gw. Why don't they have valued customer deals? I've been buying their stuff since the 90's.

4. Didymus
    Chameleon Skink

Didymus Active Member

Some people already in the hobby might be willing to pay, but others won't, and they certainly won't attract (many) new players now.

5. KillerK
    Saurus

KillerK Member

They have been attracting new players since..... before time :depressed:, no price increase will stop that, They have excellent marketing and there will always be new players. The only thing that can make them rethink, is strong competition form other miniature games, such as Mantic, or Infinity or other's.

6. MagpieManny
    Skink

MagpieManny New Member

I actually bought the resin Kroq-Gar, and the details are good and the model is sweetly light.

What i didnt like was that it already missed a nail on one of its paws and the tail was like 1,5mm thicker than the body.

7. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

If it has defects, take it back to the store and make them replace the pieces that are bad. Loads of people are having to do that, for the price you paid you should NOT accept anything less than the best quality, since that is what GW claimed this things are.

8. langaandy
    Skink

langaandy New Member

Damn Right ^^^^^^^^ This is guy is DA BOSS