1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. First lizard list 2000pt

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Saniles, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Saniles
    Skink

Saniles New Member

Sorry for all the weird formatting, I did this with BS on my phone and it was the cleanest way I could get it to work out. I don't know if this would work on like anything honestly but I thought I would throw it out there and get some feedback. Thanks.

+++ Lizardmen (1994pts) +++

+ Lords +

Slann Mage-Priest [Lore of High Magic, Wizard Level 4]
    Battle Standard Bearer [BRB - Standard of Discipline]
    Disciplines of the Old Ones [Focus of Mystery]
    Magic Items [BRB - Crown of Command, BRB - Obsidian Lodestone]

+ Heroes +

Skink Priest [Lore of Beasts, Wizard Level 1]
    Magic Items [BRB - Dispel Scroll]

+ Core +

Saurus Warriors [Musician, 44x Saurus Warrior, Standard Bearer]

+ Special +

Cold One Riders [Cold One, 7x Cold One Rider, Musician, Standard Bearer]

Cold One Riders [Cold One, 7x Cold One Rider, Musician, Standard Bearer]

Temple Guard [Standard Bearer, 20x Temple Guard]

+ Rare +

Razordon Hunting Pack
    Razordon Hunting Pack [3x Handlers, Razordon]
    Razordon Hunting Pack [3x Handlers, Razordon]
    Razordon Hunting Pack[3x Handlers, Razordon]

2. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

I see someone who goes for the Razordon extraordianire? Not often seen, as Razordons are really inconsistent in their damage, missfires are a bitch. You also have a lot of COC, they are most genereally seen as pretty bad units, they only have a 2+ save (i know this sounds good, but compared to other knights, this is pretty bad for their points). Their redeeming factor seems to be their two attacks, but they are generally to expensive for what they do, if you want to do a lot of damage over time with multiple attacks, TG or regular Sauri are just better options. You also have 5 points left, consider chipping in the enchanted item that gives you a 6+ ward against artillery, you will very often be shot by artillery, and if you save a single model with that item, it will be cost effective, and often you will save a lot more models with that if you get hit directly. Your Slann also really does not need a crown of command, i take it he goes with the TG, and because of the Guardian special rule, he gives them Stubborn for the low low price of FREE. So, take more TG, 20 is skimping it, always aim for 25+ when you have TG with a Slann, everything will be shot at them as a matter of face. Hope you can do something with the tips i gave.

3. Saniles
    Skink

Saniles New Member

Tips helped. Always do :). I kind of feel like the razordons would be just as effective as salamanders. The chance for missing is just as good really and they have the potential to do a good amount of damage as well. At least that's the way it seems to the guy who doesn't know lizards at all lol. Why are salamanders better and more consistent?

Also, with the removal of the CoR, what would you guys suggest I use the points on? I bumped up my Saurus to 45 cause I like even ranks lol, and bumped up to 30 TG. But I still have a few hundred points to put into a unit or a monster somewhere. Thoughts?

Oh ya, and I picked up the iron curse icon. I wasn't even thinking about that honestly. Thanks.

4. themuffinman873
    Chameleon Skink

themuffinman873 Member

I would play around with your saurus number and get a unit or two of skink skirmishers, they will serve 4 purposes for you.
    Chaff clearing (though your razordons will excel at this)
    Redirection
    High T, low armor killers
    Bunker for your priest

At 2400 points, 4 units of skirmishers to me feels like a good amount, however 2 would help you a lot.

If you are taking a Slann, consider at least taking Harmonic + channeling staff. Its about an extra PD every phase for 50 points, pretty good.

Salamanders are seen as better because they don't have to roll to hit. Also in most cases you can hit more targets with a salamander volley than you potentially could with a razordon, even if you assume you get max shots (10) and hit with all of them. I see razordons best employed as flank guards. If your are up against a many small unit (MSU) play style you can usually route vanguarded units with a volly + stand and shoot (if they are foolish enough to charge your razors).

I think you should stick with razordons for style points regardless.

5. Saniles
    Skink

Saniles New Member

How many style points before I'm Rico Suave?

6. Saniles
    Skink

Saniles New Member

How many do you usually do in your skirmisher units? And do you do javelins or blowpipes?