1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Post-Custom model Kroxigor

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by woogity, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordkingcrow
    Temple Guard

lordkingcrow Active Member

+1

2. Man0waR
    Kroxigor

Man0waR Member

Another buyer here !

I have already own 3x Richard's AoW's Lizardmen Hero and also another big Crocodile-man with big choppa as Ancient Kroxigor. I would be glad to complete a big unit of freaking badass with one to four of those models.

So go ahead.

My most favourite is the one with the mace at the floor and roaring. It's freaking awesome.

3. jayzerus
    Skink

jayzerus Member

I have 28 Skinks in a cohort that are crying because these guys aren't hanging out with them.

4. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

Xlanax_lot Well-Known Member

What 3D sculpting program did u use Zbrush??

Thanks

5. woogity
    Cold One

woogity Active Member

Hi everyone!

So im continuously blown away with the support here thank you all so much really keeps me pumped about making more of these!

So had a chat with my printers yesterday via email and looks like the first batch should be ready for shipping at the end of next week. so hopefully I will be able to have them in hand before the holiday and will keep you all posted as soon as the paypal is up and they are boxed and ready to ship!

I have more good news on the models front as well, but It will have to wait till i have them in hand because I want to make sure everything is good before giving away too much info.

Caprasauridae: I will figure out the postage stuff once i have them all in hand, As Im in the UK I don't think it should be too bad to Finland.

Rychek: pricing to the US might be pretty decent for the first run, depending on space I am visiting the US in january and could possibly just mail them from the states, Will be bringing an extra suitcase for buying stuff there anyways :)

DanBot: the new Godzilla Looked awesome! lol its an amazingly humbling comparison! thanks!

Bloodzerker: That is pretty much how I use them as well if the skinks have poison that is a block alot of flankers wont want to mess with.

Dancing with Saurus2: hehe well if you are nearby and you wanted to swing around sometime it would save on some postage! Ill let you know once the finals are in!

MasterKrox: probably next week or the week after. I will go back and message the first folks that commented on here and make sure they are still interested then put them in the list!

Lordkingcrow: I dont know that I have the production facilities to compete with someone as big and hardcore as GW, Kinda just a hobbiest, ill probably just fill in some holes here or there in the army list as the motivation strikes.
    Yea, our cold ones need some love :) they may well be on my hit list. not 100% on the price yet but before shipping you can be sure it will be similar to GWs price, would like them to be as affordable as possible to recoup my costs :) Dunno about missing my calling, but I am certainly having fun!

NexS1: I dont have them in just yet but i will be happy to post my meger painting once i get my personal set done, I also have a set going to a Golden Demon winner over on Coolminiornot so it should be cool to see what he can do!

Man0waR: awesome! Richard's work is badass I like how he went full dino on the faces! I am only selling them as a set, its a bit complicated getting them ordered and in so its best to keep the confusion there to a minimum. I would be happy to put you down for a set tho!

Jayzerus: i think yours and mine need to form a support group :D

Xlanax_lot: Yep! im a Zbrush guy. I am working on getting a process thread together Ill post a link in here once its done, can probably answer alot of questions!

-Woog

6. Man0waR
    Kroxigor

Man0waR Member

Well no problem at all in purchasing a whole kit, since now I have 4 alternative kroxigors so upgrading to 7 is the number i would use.

4 krox unit w/ ancient

Cohort +3 krox

Ill follow the thread waiting for the Green light to buy :p

Also, have you ever thought about designing a less aztec/mayan templeguard? More brutal and savage saurus warriors holding halberds.

I like dinosaurs , we know the fluff is similar to those civilization but, I dislike it so much.

7. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

Thanks gor answering man! So pumped for this! I am also in the us! So sign me in forma batch also when you can! And keep the awesome job! Happy to hear the updates and that ecerithing is working so far

8. MasterKrox
    Saurus

MasterKrox Member

Sweet just let me know the cost and paypal address and ill settle up

9. Kblock
    Kroxigor

Kblock Active Member

I am also interested in getting a set. Really cool models and I do not have any Krox in my army yet. I am also in the US and I will watch for the paypal address to be set up so I can place my order!

10. Revoran
    Jungle Swarm

Revoran New Member

I'd love to pick up some of these amazing models.

However, I live in Australia.

Have you thought about doing some Chameleon Skinks or Salamanders? Those models are in dire need of an update.

Man, why don't you go and work for Games Workshop? Those are really fantastic.

11. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

Very excited to see this. They'd definitely be a good asset and will be keeping an eye out on costs to see if it fits in my budget ;)

12. Ondjage
    Razordon

Ondjage Member

This is incredibly exciting :O

Will the models come whole or in pieces like we are used to? How "fine" are they compared to GW models, detail-wise? What are they made of? Did you really make these inside your computer and now magically can bring them to life with a 3D printer? Can you (fairly) easily change up the poses slightly and print out many variations of these models? Have all these questions been asked before in this massive thread?

Good luck, this is awesome :D

13. jayzerus
    Skink

jayzerus Member

If you are thinking about doing some cold ones, it might be interesting to take a look at alternative mounts. Maybe some horned ones, or I know the idea of Pachycephalosauria has floated around the forum before. And how sweet would a pack of terror birds ridden by Saurus look?

If you ever lack for inspiration, I'm sure we could give you plenty of ideas here.

14. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

15. woogity
    Cold One

woogity Active Member

Hey guys! been a crazy busy week!

So I kinda lied when I said I had good news for friday...not intentionally but it looks like for you folks at least, I have 2 pieces of good news instead!

First off the casts are done, and the printer managed to get the first 2 sets done instead of just one! which means if your name appears below I need you to send me a pm with the address you would like your set(s) shipped to and your preferred email address. To everyone else I am really sorry I dont have the production to get enough for everyone up front.

Secondly, and sadly for me at least. My OBI was not approved by my company, as such It would be in breach of my contract to sell these to you fine people. I am not upset about this, and my company has a fair point behind why they have chosen to disapprove it. As such there will be no store set up in the future and I cannot sell these. For you folks what that means is this. THEY ARE FREE....

I will still require you guys to pay for shipping and if you would like to donate some moneys to help me recoup my costs, go towards future printings for those i couldn't fit on this list, and towards the printing of my next piece ( just a teaser now ill share him when the sculpt is further along), and you would all be my personal heroes. I was planning to sell them at $50 a set, so if you need a recommendation or whatever there ya go, but if you are on the list below, and you are happy to pay your shipping still message me your address and you can donate whatever you like!

Names-No.of sets
    Hemogoblin-1
    Caprasauridae-1
    Silverbolt-1
    Phatmotha-Phucka-1
    Jayzerus-1
    Scalenex-1
    Shaku-1
    shwaym-1
    NexS1-1
    ThunderMammal-1
    Heuningby-1
    Rychek-1
    Weeze-1
    DanBot-1
    Still-young-1
    Bloodzerker-1
    Dancing with Saurus2-1
    MasterKrox-3
    Xlanax_lot-1
    Lordkingcrow-1

if you are not on the list please post your interest in the thread i will make a backlog for future printings if it is economically feasible for me!

and of course pics!

anyone who had questions about how they are broken up this should help out:)
    10750356_10100862942528203_9144278052735959164_o.jpg
    10834927_10100862942478303_2266124495194677108_o.jpg
    10854354_10100862942493273_8099511105317260746_o.jpg
    10749900_10100862942483293_970873673980322903_o.jpg

-Matt

Seraphage likes this.
  16. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

This is awesome Mat!

I am not sure why I can't send private messages but please email me at xlanax.lot@gmail.com and I will send you all the information. I am definitely still interested in one set! also I will be happy to donate! your work is fantastic!

17. Jump_Monkey
    Jungle Swarm

Jump_Monkey New Member

Hey, I decided to register to the forums because I saw this thread! These models blow GWs latest couple of attempts at Kroxigors out the water, absolutely gorgeous. If you have any that aren't claimed by the end of this run, I'd love if you could put me down for a set. I'd be more than happy to donate money for a few of these guys.

I'm curious, were the computer models made at your workplace? Would that be why your company won't let you sell them? I'm bummed for you that you've been given the thumbs down... Looking forward to your next project.

18. steelcitysquig
    Jungle Swarm

steelcitysquig New Member

My friend plays Lizardmen and pointed me to this post...

I had to sign up just to post just how completely bad-ass these Kroxigor are.

Seriously, I am duly impressed and I would buy these so hard (if I played Lizardmen... actually maybe anyway).

19. Eyeless1
    Saurus

Eyeless1 Member

Oh my goodness! I wish I had logged on here a few weeks ago....
    I have been looking for krox substitutes for ages, and then I saw this topic. Its so sad you cant sell them. Would there be a way you could send us the schematics or something so we could print our own?
    I really would like some way to recreate these, even if it was a small tweek so as not to infringe on any copyright thing that I dont understand...

20. JPowah
    Skink

JPowah Member

I would love to purchase too! Girlfriend wants lots for her kroxigors! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.