1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS First time Thunderqueake 2000pts

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Lagan, May 6, 2019.

1. Lagan
    Jungle Swarm

Lagan New Member

Hi everyone!
    This is my first list at 2000 points that I will use this weekend.
    I wanted to know your opinions about it.

Never use the battalion Thunderqueake,
    - how should it be used?
    - Should I change something?

Thank you very much to all!

Allegiance: Seraphon
    Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Trait: Great Rememberer
    - Artefact: Incandescent Rectrices

Engine of the Gods (220) (Batallion)
    - Artefact: Ethereal Amulet
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)

Battleline
    10 x Saurus Guard (180)
    10 x Skinks (60)
    - Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    10 x Skinks (60)

Units
    3 x Skink Handlers (40) (Batallion)
    4 x Razordons (160) (Batallion)
    1 x Salamanders (40)

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (280) (Batallion)
    Bastiladon (280) (Batallion)

Battalions
    Thunderquake Starhost (120)

Endless Spells
    Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 1980 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 1
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 97

2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Nice list!

There is one change I recommend. If you own more Salamanders then I would drop the Saurus Guard to up the Salamander unit to four count while also adding either a Balewind vortex or increasing one of the Skinks unit to 20.

In terms of play style you should mostly be looking to slowly move your battalion up field while still maintaining their various buffs. Use your Skinks to screen and capture objectives. If you bring a BwV then castle up around one of your objectives and focus on summoning new units to the field to control the board and capture objectives.

Lagan and Aginor like this.
  3. Cinnabar
    Skink

Cinnabar Member

Played the Thunderquake a couple of times now, so certainly no expert by any means. I bumped one of the three skink squads up 40 and took a Skink Starpriest. To drop the points a bit, I replaced a Bastiladon with a Steg. That big skink squad provides a buffer around your Thunderquake dinos that is really a pain for your opponent. The Skink Alpha on the Steg allows you to push the Skinks up and shoot better. Then the Starpriest can cast cogs, so you don’t lost summoning points by having the Slann do it, or can cast summon starlight on the big blob of skinks to make them harder to kill. As you move the whole blob up the board, it creates space in the rear for units brought in by EotG or by Slann summoning. I hope that’s helpful. Best of luck!

Lagan likes this.
  4. Blitzkriyg
    Temple Guard

Blitzkriyg Well-Known Member

I'd drop the saurus, 10 just aren't going to be enough to do anything that can't be done by skinks for 1/3 the price. Personally, if drop the saurus and Sally for an eotg, which is basically what my current list is, however star priest is also a good choice. I'm not a big fan of salamanders, id go more razordons, otherwise you can also get a star priest and 3 rippers for the same as the saurus, Sally and 20 points you have left.

For play style, I'd just sit at the back and take objectives with skinks. You will out fire-power pretty much any other any and they are going to have to come to you, so the further away you are, the more unanswered shooting you get. If they sit on an objective, blow them off it with shooting and sit on it with skinks

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. Slikus Vaw
    Cold One

Slikus Vaw Active Member

If u can get the balewind its a good addition. Ive ran thunderquake with the kroxigors nd kroak with great success.

This is my list:

Kraok
    Astrolith bearer
    EofG

3 x 10 skinks

Stegadon (flamethower)
    Bastiladon

6 Kroxigors

Balewind vortex

Thunderquake battalion

Deployment is second most important in my opinion because setting up ur units in optimal postions where they dont have to maneuver too much to go agenst units they will win agenst. How i usually always set up is with 2 single lined skink units on the front line so a line of 20 then goes down astrolith then kroak in the middlish of ur formation nd kroak in front of astrolith nd by then alot of ppl have a good part of their army on the field so u can match up ur battalion in the best postion within 12" of astrolith(if ur going agenst a flying army say an army with mangler squigs u will want to keep a tight bubble around the astrolith, kroak, EotG so they cant charge into the middle of ur formation) then the last unit of skinks in a half circle on ur rear flank. I always have my second line(units behind the skinks) 2" behind them so if ur going agenst a frontal alpha charge u can just have ur skinks take all the damage nd die then have ur kroxigor nd stegadon nd other units pile in after the enemy has attacked with his units. The skinks r real important in the back agenst teleporting/deepstriking behind u. Usually never have the kroxigors nd stegadon on the same flank of the formation nd usually have the EotG between kroak nd the stegadon (kinda protects the other stegadon from being targeted with ranged[the -3 rend is real nice especially with rerolls on hits nd wounds]). If going agenst heavey magic i have the EotG have the spellmirror.

LizardWizard likes this.