1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***** FORGE WORLD WEATHERING POWDER SET *****

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by asrodrig, Sep 12, 2009.

1. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

So Forge World has these new weathering powders available for pre-order. I think they look pretty sweet, and there's a good variety of different colors available. Anyone else interested?

The colors available are:
    • Black Soot
      Orange Rust
      Grey Ash
      Dark Earth
      Light Earth
      Dark Sand
    They've even released a tutorial on how to use them already, with some simply amazing results. Check it out here.

2. gary shamona
    Skink

gary shamona New Member

are they just pigment? or are they Specially made for whethering minatures

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I looked at them, and glanced at the tutorial, I'm not sure I quite get it though.. It looks like you need to apply them, then dissolve them, then add the effect with a brush? I think I'll go without, It is an interesting move of FW to move into the modelling 'tools' aspect rather than just miniatures and overpriced books.

4. dictator
    Cold One

dictator New Member

It looks to be a smart move for GW. I've seen this stuff used over and over by professional military modellers. Very professional if you know how to use it. I think this isn't for the newbie if you know what I mean.

Like some others have said, it's not everyone's cup of tea. For those who want the realistic look of weathering then it's everything you need and more.