1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Formations

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Anger85, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Anger85
    Skink

Anger85 New Member

Hello everyone I am new at AOS and this forum. I've read lots of threads and it's fun to see how helpful everyone is.

Might be a silly question but I'm thinking about how it works with formations such as blodclaw starhost, for example if my oldblood on carnosaur is killed is my entire formation as with the bonus of using everyone's comandabilty lost?

Excuse my English

2. Phoedinn
    Razordon

Phoedinn Well-Known Member

AOS tends to be "rules a written" I had a look at the battalion rules and there is nothing about deaths in the battalion causing it to break up. It's more of a group that train together and use the same tactics, instead of a set combination of units that magically gain a bonus when together :)

Basically, if a unit is placed as part of a battalion it gains the extra ability indefinitely/ until the battle is over.

Seraphage and Anger85 like this.
  3. Anger85
    Skink

Anger85 New Member

Thanks for the answer that makes sense otherwise it points that easily becomes worthless.

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Keep in mind that some formations lose something if a key element dies. An example is the Thunderquake starhost.
    However, the Bloodclaw only requires the heroes to be near each other.