1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcement Forum Upgrade!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Red Devil, Oct 17, 2015.

1. The Red Devil
    Stegadon

The Red Devil Defender of Hexoatl Staff Member

With the latest forum maintenance we have added two great features.

1. Ability to use a prefix when posting a thread (applied to some of the forums).
    2. Ability to add tags when creating a thread.

This will make it much easier to distinguish between the different versions of WF and AoS, and what a thread is about in general. If you use the New Posts or Search functionality, you will love the new thread prefixes.

For the community forums, we have added several prefixes:
    -Blog : Should be used if you have a paint blog
    -Help : Should be used if you have a paint or modeling question
    -Solved : Should be used to modify the title on a question you have after you have received a good answer
    -Tutorial : Should be used if you create a tutorial, explaining how to do something for our members
    -Gallery : Is only used in Itza Gallery, mainly to easily show where the post was made in New Posts or Search
    -Contest : This one is moderator only, and will be used on any contests that we hosts

If you have a suggestion for another prefix, please let us know. Just post the prefix and an explanation why you believe this would be a good addition below, and we will consider it.

2. Trociu
    Chameleon Skink

Trociu Active Member

Great idea! I was about to propose something like that because it was sometimes a bit messy. Keep up the good work!

pendrake likes this.
  3. Scolenex
    Ripperdactil

Scolenex Well-Known Member

I did some experimenting. If you are not a moderator and would like to change the tag on one of your threads, you can change the tag by selecting Thread Tools, edit title, then clicking on the tag and scrolling down to the new tag you want.

Tags are not required, if you choose not to include a tag because you can select no prefix. It's at the bottom of the tag options and it's grayed out but it's still a valid choice. No tag is good if your thread in question doesn't neatly fit into any of the other categories or if it fits into every category.

pendrake likes this.
  4. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Thanks Scolenex!

If you want a thread tag changed on another person's thread, you need to ask a moderator to do it. I went back about eight pages on the Lizardmen discussion and changed maybe four tags. I'm see it as overkill to go back farther than that. I'll give the painting forum a look next.

It's not rude to ask to change the tag on another person's post without cross referencing the OP author and a moderator. Assume the OP author wouldn't mind having his thread easier to find by interested parties, as long as the thread is fairly current.

Red Devil auto-tagged the Age of Sigmar threads with the AoS tag. He bulked tagged the Lizardmen Tactics, Lizardmen Army Lists, Battle Reports etc with an 8th edition tag back to a certain date roughly corresponding to the release of 8th edition BRB) in which case everything is bulked tagged 7th edition. We are not historians. We CAN go through all the old posts and label the oddball 7th ed posts going way back and dig out the 6th ed oddball threads from the 7th ed era, but we won't. Thread necromancy for a good cause is fine, so if an ancient post reemerges on the top of the page and it's mislabeled, THEN we'll fix it, but mass categorization by hand is a waste of time.

Also, we can use a Kings of War tab. For the time being, I've altered all the KoW posts I could find to no prefix.

pendrake likes this.
  5. The Red Devil
    Stegadon

The Red Devil Defender of Hexoatl Staff Member

Just a side note here, if a thread is made in the Lizardmen or Age of Sigmar forums it is required to have a prefix. The reason for this is due to we assume a thread created there will be about the game, and our members would like to know what version of the game its about. For the other forums, we do not require it.

pendrake likes this.
  6. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Awesome stuff, you never cease to amaze me. :)

7. Scolenex
    Ripperdactil

Scolenex Well-Known Member

Just discovered a new feature.

It used to be impossible to select "like" on a reply to a Flicker. It was only possible to "like" the original Flicker. Now we can single out liking replies on replies on replies.

I like Flickers, but mostly I like bamboo.