1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. full command??

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Dracon Bob, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Dracon Bob
    Jungle Swarm

Dracon Bob New Member

I don't usually play much Fantasy but I was wondering, is it wise to ALWAYS give your Saurus blocks a full command? I was planning on getting another box of saurus to give me the option of having more smaller blocks of them rather than a few big ones but I'm not sure how many commands to make.
    Advice?

thanks,
    bob

2. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

My general advise would be that when fielding Saurus units, a unit of 10 should have only a mucisian, 15 should have a mucisian and a standard bearer, and a unit of 20+ should have a full command.

The reason for this variance is that the inclusion of a command is warranted by the amount of points of the unit. You dont want to risk 100 VP by putting a standard bearer in a unit that costs only 126 pts, while you still want to ensure that a 10-strong unit will have the +1 to rally as at 120 pts they make great bait. Similarly, the larger the unit the more you need the +1 CR of a standard to have your unit hold. It is only with large units that you want to risk the champion being challenged and removed from combat; as large units rely more upon static CR rather than active kills. Similarly, the champions challenge-related uses come into the fore only with larger units that will see hero-to-hero combat